IRVINE, Calif. (AP) — Senior Elston Jones scored a career-high 14 points on 6-of-9 shooting and grabbed seven rebounds to help UC Irvine beat UC Riverside 82-64 on Saturday night.
Max Hazzard and Jonathan Galloway added 11 points each and Tommy Rutherford scored 10 for the Anteaters (17-5, 5-1 Big West), who stayed atop the conference standings.
Galloway had 10 rebounds for his third double-double of the season.
UC Irvine took the lead for good at 11-10 on Galloway’s layup with 15:19 left in the first half. That basket sparked a 21-7 run for a 13-point lead and the Anteaters later led by 15 before the end of the half. They extended to their largest lead of the game after an 18-6 run made it 82-55.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Analysis: What the latest Russell Wilson report means for the Seahawks
- Former Kennedy Catholic WR standout Lonyatta 'Junior' Alexander announces transfer from ASU to Washington
- Analysis: Here are 12 items that should be on the Seahawks' offseason to-do list
- Even the Sounders can't believe they landed Albert Rusnak. Here's why the star midfielder chose Seattle.
- 'We are more than just athletes': Bobby Wagner showed deeper side in thought-provoking media sessions
The Highlanders (8-14, 2-4) closed the game on a 9-0 run.
Dikymbe Martin had 16 points, Dominick Pickett scored 12 and Callum McRae had 10 points and 10 rebounds for UC Riverside.