Veteran sports writer Ivan Maisel of ESPN has taken on the task of telling the tale of college football, starting from the very beginning.
College football turns 150 this year, and to celebrate the sesquicentennial, ESPN is planning a mountain of content, including 35 hours of television programming. Maisel has taken on the role of lead historian. On the latest AP Top 25 College Football Podcast , Maisel joins AP’s Ralph Russo to discuss how he and his colleagues went about the enormous task of chronicling a sport that spans the country.
Maisel details the challenges, gives a preview of what’s to come and reveals some of his favorite finds. He is currently using his reporting to teach a continuing education class at Stanford on the history of college football.
Most Read Sports Stories
- John Stockton’s defiance of COVID-19 mask mandate forces Gonzaga to suspend Hall of Famer’s season tickets
- Superstar Breanna Stewart leaving Seattle in free agency would send the Storm back to mediocrity
- Mariners mailbag: What could M's get for Taylor Trammell, Luis Torrens or Jake Fraley in a trade?
- New Mexico running back Aaron Dumas announces transfer to UW Huskies
- Will Conroy showcases coaching transformation by guiding UW men to win as acting head coach
Follow Ralph D. Russo at https://twitter.com/ralphDrussoAP and listen at https://podcastone.com/AP-Top-25-College-Football-Podcast
More AP college football: https://apnews.com/Collegefootball and https://twitter.com/AP_Top25