TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — Nic Thomas tied a career-high with 26 points on four 3-pointers and made all 10 of his foul shots and Norfolk State beat Florida A&M 66-54 on Monday night.
Thomas scored 26 with seven 3s on Jan. 26 in an 88-60 win over Maryland-Eastern Shore. He entered Monday’s games averaging 14.5 points per game.
The Spartans (14-11, 9-1 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference) — winners of nine of their last 10 — raced to a 12-0 lead and never trailed. The Rattlers rallied with a 13-3 run and trailed by two when Kamron Reaves buried a 3 with 11:38 before halftime. Mastadi Pitt’s layup with five seconds left before the break made it 33-26. The Spartans went on a 14-5 run, Thomas’ foul shots made it 47-31 with 13:26 left and Norfolk State led by double digits the rest of the way. Jordan Butler added 10 points for the Spartans.
Justin Ravenel scored 18 for the Rattlers (10-16, 7-4) and Isaiah Martin chipped in 10 with nine rebounds.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Analysis: Does Russell Wilson really want to leave the Seahawks for the New York Giants?
- Impressions from UW's win over Utah: Defense peaking as Huskies close in on Pac-12 crown WATCH
- Not allowing a basket for nearly half the game, UW makes Utah latest victim of swarming defense VIEW
- Pac-12 spring football primer: A comprehensive, team-by-team preview
- 'The future of basketball' plays at Federal Way High School. His name is Jaden McDaniels.