ATLANTA (AP) — Jeff Thomas had 15 points to lead five Georgia State players in double figures as the Panthers beat Arkansas State 76-60 on Thursday night. D’Marcus Simonds added 14 points for the Panthers. Devin Mitchell chipped in 13, Damon Wilson scored 12 and Malik Benlevi had 10.
Ty Cockfield II had 20 points for the Red Wolves (12-16, 6-9 Sun Belt Conference). Grantham Gillard added seven rebounds. Shaquillo Fritz had eight rebounds.
Georgia State (20-9, 11-5) will seek its sixth consecutive home win on Saturday when the team hosts Arkansas-Little Rock. Arkansas State plays Georgia Southern on the road on Saturday.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Analysis: Jon Wilner projects the 2022 Pac-12 North and South division football races
- Seahawks part ways with defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr. Here's who they could hire to replace him
- Kraken's new team dog already a big hit with players and coaches
- Seahawks DC candidate list up to 4 as they reportedly request to interview Joe Whitt Jr.
- Ken Norton Jr. pays the price for Seahawks' defensive woes, but it's Pete Carroll who must adjust
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com