HOUSTON (AP) — Jeremy Combs scored 27 points on 10-of-15 shooting and grabbed 11 rebounds to help Texas Southern beat Arkansas-Pine Bluff 94-74 on Saturday night.
Jalyn Patterson added 19 points with five 3-pointers and Eden Ewing scored 11 for the Tigers (15-11, 10-3 Southwestern Athletic Conference).
Shawn Olden II’s 3-pointer with 9:16 left in the first half put Texas Southern up 29-7, the Tigers’ largest lead of the game. UAPB (11-16, 8-6) nearly erased the deficit when Shaun Doss’ layup cut the Golden Lions’ gap to 54-52 with 12:18 left in the game. But the Tigers pushed the lead back to double digits before the eight-minute mark and pulled away for good with 11 straight points in the final five minutes.
Martaveous McKnight had 23 points and Doss scored 14 for the Golden Lions.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seahawks expected to part ways with defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr., sources say
- Seahawks part ways with defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr. Here's who they could hire to replace him
- Ken Norton Jr. pays the price for Seahawks' defensive woes, but it's Pete Carroll who must adjust
- Kraken's new team dog already a big hit with players and coaches
- Analysis: What the latest Russell Wilson report means for the Seahawks