Texas Gov. Greg Abbott says the Big 12 should apologize for not expanding after spending three months vetting and interviewing potential new member schools.
The governor, who had previously tweeted his support for Houston being added to the Big 12, blasted the conference on Twitter on Monday night.
“The Big 12 owes a lot of people an apology. It punted on expansion & shanked its future. @UHouston deserved better,” Abbott tweeted.
Abbott is a University of Texas graduate.
Most Read Stories
- Give to panhandlers or don’t? Some towns try cracking down
- Ex-Seahawk Marshawn Lynch watches Raiders game from the stands, rides BART train after being ejected
- Seattle startup co-founder Matt Bencke was ‘a force of nature’ | Obituary
- A chilly La Niña winter likely in Pacific Northwest, but don’t fret about drenching of last year
- Check out this new drone footage of the Bertha-dug Highway 99 tunnel WATCH
Earlier Monday, the Big 12 announced it would not add to its 10 members. Houston was among the 11 schools the Big 12 met with in September.