The Shock will play at College Park Center on the University of Texas at Arlington campus.
WNBA owners unanimously approved the relocation of the Tulsa Shock to the Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area. The team will finish the current season in Tulsa before beginning play in Arlington in 2016.
“The WNBA is extremely grateful to the city of Tulsa and the team’s loyal fans. The support they have shown for the Shock and women’s professional basketball over the past six seasons has been tremendous,” said WNBA President Laurel J. Richie. “We look forward to having our first team based in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.”
The fourth largest metropolitan area in the U.S., Dallas-Fort Worth represents a well-established professional sports market with one of the top five national media markets.
The Shock will play at College Park Center on the University of Texas at Arlington campus, subject to approval by the University of Texas System’s Board of Regents. Additional information about the team will be forthcoming.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Gymnastics team, tired of 'sexualization,' wears unitards
- Analysis: Has recent success moved Mariners toward being buyers at baseball’s trade deadline?
- They're Olympic gold and silver medalists. And they're 13 years old.
- Bothell High's Zach LaVine and UW's Matisse Thybulle soaking in debut Olympic experiences
- Grading the drafts: Kraken scores well for sticking to its analytics approach
WNBA information contributed to this report.