The Shock will play at College Park Center on the University of Texas at Arlington campus.
WNBA owners unanimously approved the relocation of the Tulsa Shock to the Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area. The team will finish the current season in Tulsa before beginning play in Arlington in 2016.
“The WNBA is extremely grateful to the city of Tulsa and the team’s loyal fans. The support they have shown for the Shock and women’s professional basketball over the past six seasons has been tremendous,” said WNBA President Laurel J. Richie. “We look forward to having our first team based in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.”
The fourth largest metropolitan area in the U.S., Dallas-Fort Worth represents a well-established professional sports market with one of the top five national media markets.
The Shock will play at College Park Center on the University of Texas at Arlington campus, subject to approval by the University of Texas System’s Board of Regents. Additional information about the team will be forthcoming.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Who won the James Paxton trade? Here's what the national media are saying about the Mariners-Yankees blockbuster
- WSU's Gardner Minshew shows how valuable a grad transfer QB can be to a team. But you'll never see that at UW.
- Like it or not, the Mariners had to trade James Paxton | Matt Calkins
- Mariners trade left-hander James Paxton to the Yankees for three prospects
- A sweet Apple Cup: 'Why can’t you be more like the Petersen boy?’
WNBA information contributed to this report.