The Shock will play at College Park Center on the University of Texas at Arlington campus.
WNBA owners unanimously approved the relocation of the Tulsa Shock to the Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area. The team will finish the current season in Tulsa before beginning play in Arlington in 2016.
“The WNBA is extremely grateful to the city of Tulsa and the team’s loyal fans. The support they have shown for the Shock and women’s professional basketball over the past six seasons has been tremendous,” said WNBA President Laurel J. Richie. “We look forward to having our first team based in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.”
The fourth largest metropolitan area in the U.S., Dallas-Fort Worth represents a well-established professional sports market with one of the top five national media markets.
The Shock will play at College Park Center on the University of Texas at Arlington campus, subject to approval by the University of Texas System’s Board of Regents. Additional information about the team will be forthcoming.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Huskies pitchers shut out Kentucky in first game of NCAA softball super regional VIEW
- He's 'completely different.' But will Puka Nacua be a difference-maker in his freshman season at UW?
- What the contracts of Al Woods and Geno Smith say about their potential roles for the Seahawks in 2019
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Storm removes Breanna Stewart from roster, WNBA hires her as ambassador in unprecedented move
WNBA information contributed to this report.