The Shock will play at College Park Center on the University of Texas at Arlington campus.
WNBA owners unanimously approved the relocation of the Tulsa Shock to the Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area. The team will finish the current season in Tulsa before beginning play in Arlington in 2016.
“The WNBA is extremely grateful to the city of Tulsa and the team’s loyal fans. The support they have shown for the Shock and women’s professional basketball over the past six seasons has been tremendous,” said WNBA President Laurel J. Richie. “We look forward to having our first team based in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.”
The fourth largest metropolitan area in the U.S., Dallas-Fort Worth represents a well-established professional sports market with one of the top five national media markets.
The Shock will play at College Park Center on the University of Texas at Arlington campus, subject to approval by the University of Texas System’s Board of Regents. Additional information about the team will be forthcoming.
Most Read Sports Stories
- The XFL's Seattle Dragons are born, with a fiery green and red logo to match
- A year ago, he was named the nation's top football recruit. But J.T. Tuimoloau is just getting started.
- After DK Metcalf's surgery, Pete Carroll says there's a chance rookie will be ready for Seahawks opener | Injury updates WATCH
- Seahawk rookie Ugo Amadi says perfect play on punt tackle shows 'I'm not here just to play around'
- Who makes the cut in the first Seattle Times state football rankings of the season?
WNBA information contributed to this report.