Sue Bird electrified the crowd at KeyArena on Tuesday night with a masterful fourth quarter performance that she admitted was “up there” as one of the best fourth quarter big game stretches she’s had in her career.
“I don’t know that I’ve had a fourth quarter like this in a big game in my life, to be honest,” Bird said after the game.
Bird scored 14 of her 22 points in the final 5:48 of the game to break the contest open and earn the Storm a trip to the WNBA Finals against the Washington Mystic.
Bird’s performance ignited social media and earned her congratulatory tweets from a host of NBA stars who clearly appreciate game when they see it.
But it wasn’t just NBA players who were gushing over Bird’s dominance in that fourth quarter. Many Seattle celebrities chimed in too — including Storm great Lauren Jackson, who, before that pivotal Game 5, told Breanna Stewart to “get it done.”
(Stewie, by the way, was no slouch either, finished with 28 points.)
Most Read Sports Stories
- Report: Seahawks asking for at least a first-round pick for defensive end Frank Clark
- Mariners smack four more homers to help Yusei Kikuchi earn his first victory VIEW
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Rising costs of KeyArena doesn't impact Seattle taxpayers — but there's cause for concern | Matt Calkins
- Analysis: A final accounting of Russell Wilson's deal shows why he called it 'a no-brainer'