The U.S. will play an exhibition game against an international opponent.
Hosted by the Seattle Storm, the USA Basketball Women’s National Team, in preparations for the 2018 FIBA World Cup of Basketball, will conduct a three-day training camp in Seattle that will culminate with an April 26 exhibition game at KeyArena against an international opponent yet to be announced.
“Seattle continues to be a premier destination for marquee sporting events, and we could not be more excited to welcome the USA Basketball Women’s National Team to the Pacific Northwest,” said Alisha Valavanis, Seattle Storm president and general manager.
Tickets for the game, which will tip off at 7 p.m., are already on sale to Storm season-ticket holders and will be available to the public at StormBasketball.com beginning March 20 at 10 a.m.
The 2018-20 USA Basketball Women’s National Team pool currently features 28 athletes, including three Storm players (Sue Bird, Jewell Loyd and Breanna Stewart) and former UW star Kelsey Plum of the Las Vegas Aces.
Most Read Sports Stories
- The 111th Apple Cup: These Cougs feel different. Husky fans should feel nervous. | Matt Calkins
- Mike Leach's tweet of doctored Obama video cost WSU $1.6 million in donations
- UW Huskies, WSU Cougars continue to climb in final AP poll ahead of the Apple Cup
- 'Go beat the Cougs': Easy victory in hand, UW turns full focus to mammoth Apple Cup | Larry Stone
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
The FIBA World Cup will be Sept. 22-30 in Tenerife, Spain.