The U.S. will play an exhibition game against an international opponent.
Hosted by the Seattle Storm, the USA Basketball Women’s National Team, in preparations for the 2018 FIBA World Cup of Basketball, will conduct a three-day training camp in Seattle that will culminate with an April 26 exhibition game at KeyArena against an international opponent yet to be announced.
“Seattle continues to be a premier destination for marquee sporting events, and we could not be more excited to welcome the USA Basketball Women’s National Team to the Pacific Northwest,” said Alisha Valavanis, Seattle Storm president and general manager.
Tickets for the game, which will tip off at 7 p.m., are already on sale to Storm season-ticket holders and will be available to the public at StormBasketball.com beginning March 20 at 10 a.m.
The 2018-20 USA Basketball Women’s National Team pool currently features 28 athletes, including three Storm players (Sue Bird, Jewell Loyd and Breanna Stewart) and former UW star Kelsey Plum of the Las Vegas Aces.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Report: Chicago Bears are set to make 'a run' at trading for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
- Has offseason Seahawks drama tarnished Russell Wilson's squeaky-clean image?
- 'You just want to win': Kyle Seager reflects on his career with the Mariners, being 'overpaid' and more
- Seahawks free agent preview: Seattle is going to have to add a tight end or two
- Mariners prospect Jarred Kelenic sidelined with strained adductor muscle in left knee, but expects to be back in a week
The FIBA World Cup will be Sept. 22-30 in Tenerife, Spain.