If the Storm falls, then Seattle Mayor Durkan will wear a Mystics jersey and send Washington D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser a gift basket from locally owned women's businesses.
Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan and Washington D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser made a friendly wager on the WNBA Finals.
The mayor of the losing city will wear the winning team’s jersey and send the winning city’s mayor a gift basket of products from locally owned women’s businesses.
If the Storm falls, then Durkan will send Bower treats from Molly Moon’s Homemade Ice Cream, Cupcake Royale, Rachel’s Ginger Beer, Fremont Brewing, Fuel Coffee, Fran’s Chocolates and Glassybaby.
And if the Seattle Storm prevail, Bowser will send a Durkan goodies from Lee’s Flower and Card Shop, CIVIC Vodka, Baked by Yael cakepops and half-smokes from Ben’s Chili Bowl.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seahawks mock draft: A post-Frank Clark projection of how the draft might unfold for Seattle
- Observations from the UW Huskies' 13th practice of spring football
- Seahawks solve one problem but create another by trading Frank Clark to Chiefs | Larry Stone
- Felix Hernandez gives vintage performance vs. Padres — and Mariners give him vintage run support VIEW
- Beast Mode, out: Former Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch plans to retire again
“We’re going to take our third – count them three – WNBA championship in three – count them three games,” Durkan said in a video shot Friday morning on top of the Space Needle. “So to the lady of the Mystics, good luck. You’re going to need it.”
Bowser had a differing take.”Seattle or D.C.? Obviously D.C.,” she said via Twitter. “We’ve dealt with our fair share of storms in D.C. this summer, and we’re prepared to handle one more. I look forward to cheering on Delle Donne and the rest of the Mystics as they bring another championship and gift basket to the district.”