If the Storm falls, then Seattle Mayor Durkan will wear a Mystics jersey and send Washington D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser a gift basket from locally owned women's businesses.
Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan and Washington D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser made a friendly wager on the WNBA Finals.
The mayor of the losing city will wear the winning team’s jersey and send the winning city’s mayor a gift basket of products from locally owned women’s businesses.
If the Storm falls, then Durkan will send Bower treats from Molly Moon’s Homemade Ice Cream, Cupcake Royale, Rachel’s Ginger Beer, Fremont Brewing, Fuel Coffee, Fran’s Chocolates and Glassybaby.
And if the Seattle Storm prevail, Bowser will send a Durkan goodies from Lee’s Flower and Card Shop, CIVIC Vodka, Baked by Yael cakepops and half-smokes from Ben’s Chili Bowl.
Most Read Sports Stories
- After being fired, Lorena Martin levels accusations of racism at Mariners, who call them 'false'
- UW Huskies make scholarship offer to Kennedy Catholic's Sam Huard, top QB recruit in 2021 class VIEW
- Report: In wake of Paul Allen's death, Seahawks will eventually be sold, possibly for record amount
- No matter how it plays out, Lorena Martin's racism claim against Mariners stains the organization | Larry Stone
- Major League Baseball will investigate claims of racism against the Mariners
“We’re going to take our third – count them three – WNBA championship in three – count them three games,” Durkan said in a video shot Friday morning on top of the Space Needle. “So to the lady of the Mystics, good luck. You’re going to need it.”
Bowser had a differing take.”Seattle or D.C.? Obviously D.C.,” she said via Twitter. “We’ve dealt with our fair share of storms in D.C. this summer, and we’re prepared to handle one more. I look forward to cheering on Delle Donne and the rest of the Mystics as they bring another championship and gift basket to the district.”
— Mayor Muriel Bowser (@MayorBowser) September 6, 2018