First-year Storm coach Jenny Boucek announced her complete staff Tuesday.
First-year Storm coach Jenny Boucek announced her complete staff Tuesday. Headlining the group is assistant Rob Fodor, who’ll be joined on the bench by Ryan Webb.
Fodor is known as the “Shooting Guy.” He has worked with players such as Tim Hardaway, Alonzo Mourning and Steve Blake. For the past decade, Fodor has worked as a player-development consultant for Miami Heat coach Erik Spoelstra and was named shooting director of Spoelstra’s basketball academy last year.
Fodor was a player-development coach and peer when Boucek was an assistant with the now-defunct Miami Sol from 2000-02.
Boucek hopes Fodor’s expertise will help solve the Storm’s offensive struggles. Seattle ranked last in the WNBA in scoring last season at 70.8 points per game.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seahawks DE Aldon Smith turns himself in on battery charge and is released on bond
- In the wake of All-American Zion Tupuola-Fetui's torn Achilles, where does Washington's pass rush go from here?
- Observations from the UW Huskies' ninth practice of the spring
- Scott Servais 'concerned' that Mariners won't meet MLB threshold after COVID-19 vaccine offered to players, staff
- Veteran cornerback Pierre Desir agrees to one-year deal with Seahawks
“Rob has been a confidant and unofficial consultant of mine for many years,” said Spoelstra in a statement. “He has a unique and innovative approach to teaching the game … his attention to detail makes him a unique talent.”
Webb, who played at Seattle University from 2002-07, first joined the Storm as a practice player. Former coach Brian Agler named Webb an intern in 2012 and the team’s player-development coach last season.
“Ryan is an up-and-coming star in the coaching ranks,” Boucek said in a statement. “His intuition for the game and for people is something that cannot be taught.”
Boucek opted not to retain Shaquala Williams, who served as a first-time assistant coach on coach Brian Agler’s staff last season. But athletic trainer Tom Spencer returns for his eighth season.