Jenny Boucek says: "As a team we were inconsistent and that happens with young teams."
Here’s video of the postgame interview with Storm coach Jenny Boucek following Seattle’s 86-78 defeat against New York on Sunday at KeyArena.
And here’s a few postgame quotes from the locker room.
Alysha Clark, who scored career-high 23 points:
(On fourth quarter energy) “It took us a long time to get our energy up like that and we did it in the fourth quarter. I think we can see that, as a team, we can’t afford to start slow and then try to make a push. That’s going to come, it comes with experience, and being able to grow with one another so we just have to be consistent.”
Most Read Sports Stories
- Hall of Famer Ron Francis to be hired as general manager of Seattle's new NHL team
- Seahawks place four rookies — including Marquise Blair and Ben Burr-Kirven — on PUP list
- 'It’s unacceptable': In Mariners' 9-2 loss to Oakland, Marco Gonzales questions why umpire stayed in game VIEW
- Kelsey Plum returns to UW, searching for the same happiness that brought her college glory
- Storm All-Star Natasha Howard denies domestic-abuse allegations made by wife
(On being down double digits and fighting up to the end) “It just shows that we’re not going to give up and I think that’s a testament to the character of every person on this team that there is a level of fight in each and every one of us, we just have to make sure we come to it all game for all 40 minutes and not just parts of the game.”
Sue Bird, who finished with 13 points and 10 assists:
(On fourth quarter run) “I think we’re an up-tempo team, and it’s hard to manifest that when a team is on the free-throw line pretty much the whole night, when a team is scoring the way that they were, so we could never get that part of our game going. But, once we did get stops, late in the fourth, and we were able to push it, we got the looks we wanted. Bottom line, we got a lot of good shots that, on an average day, I think we would make, but today we didn’t.”