BANGOR, Maine (AP) — Elijah Olaniyi scored 10 of his 14 points in the second half to help Stony Brook rally from an 18-point deficit and beat Maine 64-61 on Saturday.
Akwasi Yeboah added 12 points — all in the second half — to help the Seawolves (16-3, 4-0) win their sixth straight game and remain unbeaten in America East Conference play. Jeff Otchere pitched in with 11 points, six rebounds and five blocked shots, while Miles Latimer scored 10 and Jaron Cornish snagged 10 rebounds.
Stony Brook trailed 33-17 at halftime and 38-20 after Sergio El Darwich buried a 3-pointer for the Black Bears (3-17, 1-4) with 18:47 remaining in the game. The Seawolves chipped away at the lead and pulled even at 47 on 3-pointers by Andrew Garcia and Olaniyi with 8:38 left. Garcia hit 1 of 2 free throws with 7:45 remaining to give Stony Brook its first lead since 6-3. Yeboah hit a jumper and Otchere had back-to-back dunks to put the Seawolves up 54-47 and they held on from there.
Terion Moss topped Maine with 23 points, sinking 6 of 12 from 3-point range. El Darwich added 16 points and seven rebounds.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson gifts his offensive linemen $12,000 each in Amazon stock
- Seahawks mock draft roundup: Experts project Seattle's picks
- Observations from the UW Huskies' 12th practice of spring football
- Seahawks GM John Schneider: 'Very challenging' to keep Frank Clark, Bobby Wagner and Jarran Reed WATCH
- Infamous 'Good Friday Massacre' brawl of years past a reminder of how NHL playoffs have evolved | Inside the NHL