CULLOWHEE, N.C. (AP) — Onno Steger scored 25 points and Matt Halvorsen added 24 points as Western Carolina beat the Citadel 103-82 on Saturday, snapping a four-game skid.
Steger and Halvorsen were both 6 of 9 from beyond the 3-point arc for the Catamounts (7-21, 4-11 Southern Conference), who hit 19 of 30 3-pointers overall, a season-high. Marc Gosselin had 18 points and six rebounds and Marcus Thomas had 13 points and six rebounds.
The Catamounts led 43-39 at the break and outscored the Citadel 60-43 in the second half, cruising to the win.
Lew Stallworth scored a career-best 37 points with five rebounds and five assists to lead the Bulldogs (11-14, 3-11). Zane Najdawi added 12 points and Alex Reed had 11.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Analysis: Where will Washington land? Here are all of the Huskies' conference realignment options.
- Seahawks and Trail Blazers are not for sale, says team chair Jody Allen
- The Pac-12 will never be the same again, and that's sad
- Mariners sweep Padres, get within a game of .500
- Analysis: With survival at stake, Pac-12 should consider merging with the ACC