KENNESAW, Ga. (AP) — Kendall Stafford had a season-high 21 points plus 10 rebounds as North Alabama got past Kennesaw State 76-61 on Wednesday night.
Jamari Blackmon had 18 points for North Alabama (9-19, 6-7 Atlantic Sun Conference), which broke its five-game losing streak. Kendarius Smith added eight assists. Emanuel Littles had nine rebounds for the road team.
Tyler Hooker had 20 points and three blocks for the Owls (5-23, 2-11). Danny Lewis added 13 points. Bryson Lockley had 10 points, nine rebounds and three blocks.
Bobby Parker was held to 3 points despite coming into the contest as the Owls’ second leading scorer at 10 points per game. He failed to make a shot from behind the arc (0 of 4).
Most Read Sports Stories
- Gonzaga legend and Basketball Hall of Famer John Stockton draws ire for anti-vaccine comments
- Michigan defensive line twins Armon, Jayvon Parker announce dual commitments to UW Huskies
- Seahawks position review: Russell Wilson is still the Seahawks quarterback for now. But who will be behind him?
- Zion Tupuola-Fetui announces he'll return to UW for fifth season in 2022: 'Let's go to work'
- Here's how the overtime NFL playoff game between the Chiefs and Bills could have been even better
The Lions improve to 2-0 against the Owls for the season. North Alabama defeated Kennesaw State 76-71 on Jan. 24. North Alabama faces Stetson on the road on Saturday. Kennesaw State plays Florida Gulf Coast on the road on Saturday.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com