RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — Kyle Lofton scored 21 points, Courtney Stockard added 18 points, eight rebounds and six assists, and St. Bonaventure beat Richmond 66-57 on Saturday night.
Bonnies coach Mark Schmidt won his 200th game while at St. Bonaventure. He is two wins behind Larry Weise for the program record.
The game was tied at 51 when Lofton’s 3-pointer with three minutes left sparked a 15-6 run to close the game. Lofton nailed a jumper at 1:10 to make it 61-55 and the Bonnies (8-12, 4-3 Atlantic 10) made 5 of 6 free throws to seal the win.
Lofton has scored in double digits in 17 of 19 games during his freshman season.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Analysis: Jon Wilner projects the 2022 Pac-12 North and South division football races
- Seahawks DC candidate list up to 4 as they reportedly request to interview Joe Whitt Jr.
- Kraken's new team dog already a big hit with players and coaches
- Speculation has started, but here's why it doesn't make sense for Seahawks and Russell Wilson to split
- Seahawks part ways with defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr. Here's who they could hire to replace him
Osun Osunniyi had 11 points and 11 rebounds for his fourth career double-double for St. Bonaventure.
Jacob Gilyard led the Spiders (7-13, 1-6) with 19 points. Nathan Cayo added 14 points and Grant Golden scored 12.