PEORIA, Ill. (AP) — Kavion Pippen had 20 points and Sean Lloyd Jr. added 16 as Southern Illinois battled back to overtake Bradley 72-68 on Saturday afternoon.
Southern Illinois (12-11, 5-5), which has won three of its last four Missouri Valley Conference games, lost to Bradley 57-54 on Jan. 20.
The Salukis looked to fall again to Bradley as they trailed 34-24 at the half and remained behind throughout the first part of the second period. The Braves maintained their advantage until Eric McGill scored under the basket and Lloyd added a jumper to tie at 55-55 with 8:12 remaining in the game. The teams batted the lead around until Lloyd nailed a jump shot to go out front for good 69-67 with 2:50 remaining. Luqman Lundy split a pair of free throws as the Braves closed to 69-68 but that was the last score for Bradley as the Braves missed five shots in the final minutes. Nate Kennell missed a 3-point attempt at the buzzer.
Aaron Cook added 14 points and McGill had six while grabbing 11 rebounds for the Salukis.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson surpassed by Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes as NFL's highest-paid player
- Mariners to open coronavirus-delayed season with seven-game road trip, starting in Houston
- Here are the 20 best Washington State athletes of the past 20 years VIEW
- Four-star 2021 WR Jabez Tinae continues Kennedy Catholic pipeline by verbally committing to Washington
- MLB has coronavirus testing issues. Here's how the Mariners have avoided them
Elijah Childs led Bradley (11-12, 3-7) with 19 points.