PEORIA, Ill. (AP) — Kavion Pippen had 20 points and Sean Lloyd Jr. added 16 as Southern Illinois battled back to overtake Bradley 72-68 on Saturday afternoon.
Southern Illinois (12-11, 5-5), which has won three of its last four Missouri Valley Conference games, lost to Bradley 57-54 on Jan. 20.
The Salukis looked to fall again to Bradley as they trailed 34-24 at the half and remained behind throughout the first part of the second period. The Braves maintained their advantage until Eric McGill scored under the basket and Lloyd added a jumper to tie at 55-55 with 8:12 remaining in the game. The teams batted the lead around until Lloyd nailed a jump shot to go out front for good 69-67 with 2:50 remaining. Luqman Lundy split a pair of free throws as the Braves closed to 69-68 but that was the last score for Bradley as the Braves missed five shots in the final minutes. Nate Kennell missed a 3-point attempt at the buzzer.
Aaron Cook added 14 points and McGill had six while grabbing 11 rebounds for the Salukis.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seattle Kraken releases long-awaited season-ticket pricing: Here's what it'll cost to watch live at Climate Pledge Arena
- On 'an extremely difficult day,' Pac-12 Conference follows Big Ten in postponing fall sports seasons
- Decision to cancel Pac-12 fall football is heartbreaking. But it's also the right call.
- In 2018, the Mariners farm system ranked dead last. Now, it's No. 3. Here's how they did it.
- Their fall season has been canceled. So where do Jimmy Lake and the Washington Huskies go from here?
Elijah Childs led Bradley (11-12, 3-7) with 19 points.