COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — South Carolina is offering free tickets for men’s and women’s basketball games at Colonial Life Arena to federal government workers during the partial shutdown.
The school announced the offer Saturday. It says federal workers can get up to four complimentary tickets once they show their government identification at the box office on game day.
The next basketball game at the arena is Monday night when the 15th-ranked South Carolina women play Missouri. The next men’s game is Tuesday night when the Gamecocks host No. 14 Auburn.
The partial shutdown, which began in late December, has lasted nearly a month.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Notebook: UW adds another DeBoer, Drone Gate rages on, and are secondary reinforcements coming?
- Maybe the Seahawks' season isn't over, but it sure is starting to feel that way
- Pac-12 power rankings: 4-0 Huskies pass Cougars in top 5
- Seahawks defense must look inward after being dominated by Falcons
- Everything UW Huskies coach Kalen DeBoer said in his UCLA Week news conference
More AP college basketball: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and https://twitter.com/AP_Top25