A handful of potential upsets headline this weekend's edition of the watch.
A handful of potential upsets headline this weekend’s edition of the watch.
Tottenham Hotspur vs. Liverpool, English Premier League, Saturday at 4:30 a.m. PST
Continuing the proud, English tradition of having its most intriguing matchup at an unholy hour for those on the American West Coast.
Borussia Monchengladbach vs. Bayer Leverkusen, German Bundesliga, Saturday at 9:30 a.m.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Will UW men land 5-star recruit Isaiah Stewart? Huskies will find out Sunday
- It's Washington: Top-5 recruit Isaiah Stewart picks Huskies over Duke, Michigan State, Kentucky
- Jake Browning gets start, throws two interceptions during NFLPA Collegiate Bowl
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- What separates the haves and the have-nots of high-school athletics — and Washington's plan to fix it
Start your Bundesliga campaign off right: With a match between two fun-to-watch teams with absolutely no shot at winning the title. (Bayern already has a six-goal cushion on the field after blasting Werder Bremen 6-0 on Friday).
Napoli vs. AC Milan, Italian Serie A, Saturday at 11:45 a.m.
See: The section above, but with Juventus playing the role of Bayern. Still, two traditional powers that should fight for European berths.
Leganes vs. Atletico Madrid, Spanish La Liga, Saturday at 1:15 p.m.
Damn right that’s Leganes currently sitting in seventh place in the table after a surprising opening weekend win — though not as surprising as Atleti’s home draw with newly promoted Alaves.
Manchester City vs. West Ham United, English Premier League, Sunday at 8 a.m.
If you’re making the trip down to Portland for the big rivalry showdown the night before, I highly suggest starting off match day early at 4-4-2 in the Hawthorne District — it is, hands down, the best soccer bar I have ever been to.
Athletic Bilbao vs. Barcelona, Spanish La Liga, Sunday at 11:15 a.m.
One of the few games Barca could lose this season that wouldn’t be classified a genuine shock.