A handful of potential upsets headline this weekend's edition of the watch.
A handful of potential upsets headline this weekend’s edition of the watch.
Tottenham Hotspur vs. Liverpool, English Premier League, Saturday at 4:30 a.m. PST
Continuing the proud, English tradition of having its most intriguing matchup at an unholy hour for those on the American West Coast.
Borussia Monchengladbach vs. Bayer Leverkusen, German Bundesliga, Saturday at 9:30 a.m.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Former UW players, colleagues pay tribute to departed Husky coaching legend Jim Lambright
- What's left on Seahawks' free agent to-do list? Resolving Clowney's situation, adding RBs, QBs
- NFL mock draft: predicting how all seven picks could play out for the Seahawks
- Seahawks' offseason additions may not excite fans, but history shows there's reason to have faith
- Before unexpected death, ‘fun-loving’ Bryce Beekman left lasting impact on Washington State teammates
Start your Bundesliga campaign off right: With a match between two fun-to-watch teams with absolutely no shot at winning the title. (Bayern already has a six-goal cushion on the field after blasting Werder Bremen 6-0 on Friday).
Napoli vs. AC Milan, Italian Serie A, Saturday at 11:45 a.m.
See: The section above, but with Juventus playing the role of Bayern. Still, two traditional powers that should fight for European berths.
Leganes vs. Atletico Madrid, Spanish La Liga, Saturday at 1:15 p.m.
Damn right that’s Leganes currently sitting in seventh place in the table after a surprising opening weekend win — though not as surprising as Atleti’s home draw with newly promoted Alaves.
Manchester City vs. West Ham United, English Premier League, Sunday at 8 a.m.
If you’re making the trip down to Portland for the big rivalry showdown the night before, I highly suggest starting off match day early at 4-4-2 in the Hawthorne District — it is, hands down, the best soccer bar I have ever been to.
Athletic Bilbao vs. Barcelona, Spanish La Liga, Sunday at 11:15 a.m.
One of the few games Barca could lose this season that wouldn’t be classified a genuine shock.