Seattle’s season begins in late February with its participation in the CONCACAF Champions League.
The Seattle Sounders unveiled their full schedule for the 2018 preseason, including training camps in Chula Vista, Calif. and Tucson, Ariz.
The club is scheduled to play a select number of preseason matches, including one against their rivals, the Portland Timbers, on Feb. 3 at Tucson’s Kino Sports Complex.
The club’s first day of training is Jan. 22 at the Starfire Sports practice facility in Tukwila. Brian Schmetzer’s squad heads down to Chula Vista for a week of training camp from Jan. 23-28. The club then returns to Seattle for a brief stint before heading to Tucson on Feb. 2 for a week in Arizona.
The 2018 MLS SuperDraft is Jan. 19. Seattle has the 22nd pick in the first round and the 45th overall pick in the second round.
Most Read Sports Stories
- All of a sudden, Washington state is a hotbed for high-school football talent. Here's why. VIEW
- Five reasons why the Seahawks are better than we thought they’d be
- Richard Sherman responds to Frank Clark's declaration that the Sherman era in Seattle is over
- Suicide, quarterbacks and the Hilinskis: A family tries to move on, as another brother heads to school VIEW
- How Ikaika Malloe and the Huskies made UW the go-to destination for top recruits from Hawaii
Seattle’s 10th MLS campaign begins in late February with its participation in the CONCACAF Champions League. The club’s MLS home opener is March 4 against expansion Los Angeles FC.
• Everett Silvertips goaltender Carter Hart was named the WHL Goaltender of the Month for December. Hart, 19, recorded a perfect 5-0 record, 0.60 goals-against average and .983 save percentage last month. It is the second straight monthly award for Hart.
• The Silvertips signed prospect forward Gage Goncalves.