Dempsey has scored three goals and tallied an assist in 12 league appearances so far this season.
Sounders forward Clint Dempsey has made named to the game-day roster for the MLS All-Star Game for the third consecutive season and sixth time in his career, the league announced on Sunday afternoon.
Dempsey, who has scored three goals and added an assist in 12 league games this season, was chosen by All-Star Game coach Dominic Kinnear — while taking into consideration the fan and player voting. The veteran forward missed Sunday’s 3-1 loss to the Timbers at Providence Park due to the red card his picked up in the midweek win over FC Dallas.
The MLS All-Stars will face off against Arsenal FC of the English Premier League on July 28 at San Jose’s Avaya Stadium.
Below is the MLS All-Star roster in full:
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seahawks' Chad Wheeler arrested on suspicion of felony domestic violence
- Report: Seahawks to hire Rams' passing game coordinator Shane Waldron as offensive coordinator
- Former UW football player Jack Yary arrested on battery, narcotics charges
- Seahawks' Chad Wheeler out on bond after arrest on suspicion of felony domestic violence
- Kraken agrees to TV deal with ROOT Sports; John Forslund hired as play-by-play broadcaster
Goalkeepers: David Bingham (San Jose Earthquakes), Andre Blake (Philadelphia Union)