Dempsey has scored three goals and tallied an assist in 12 league appearances so far this season.
Sounders forward Clint Dempsey has made named to the game-day roster for the MLS All-Star Game for the third consecutive season and sixth time in his career, the league announced on Sunday afternoon.
Dempsey, who has scored three goals and added an assist in 12 league games this season, was chosen by All-Star Game coach Dominic Kinnear — while taking into consideration the fan and player voting. The veteran forward missed Sunday’s 3-1 loss to the Timbers at Providence Park due to the red card his picked up in the midweek win over FC Dallas.
The MLS All-Stars will face off against Arsenal FC of the English Premier League on July 28 at San Jose’s Avaya Stadium.
Below is the MLS All-Star roster in full:
Most Read Sports Stories
- Trash Talk: WSU coach Nick Rolovich asked if Husky Stadium was built on 'an old garbage dump.' Here's the answer.
- Seahawks GM John Schneider's decisions are paying off in a big way once again
- Will Seahawks run even more with Chris Carson back? Maybe, but Eagles numbers suggest passing may make more sense
- UW Huskies coach Jimmy Lake on preparing for Utah on short notice and whether the Apple Cup can still be played
- After Apple Cup canceled, UW Huskies will host Utah on Saturday night
Goalkeepers: David Bingham (San Jose Earthquakes), Andre Blake (Philadelphia Union)