The midfielder from Federal Way has been training with the team for the past four weeks
Lamar Neagle, a midfielder from Federal Way who has been training with Sounders FC the past four weeks, has earned a contract with the team.
Sounders FC signed Neagle, a 22-year-old who played his college soccer at UNLV, and added him to the 24-man roster as a senior developmental player.
Neagle is the fourth player with Puget Sound-area ties that Sounders FC has signed, joining Kasey Keller, Chris Eylander and Kevin Forrest.
“It’s good to sign a local product to our team,” coach Sigi Schmid said. “Lamar’s got excellent speed and he’s a player who can play in a number of positions. He’s very comfortable on the flank and has played on the left side as well as the right. He will get a look from us as an outside player, either in midfield or at the back.”
Most Read Sports Stories
- ESPN brings 'College GameDay' to Pullman, but it's the Cougar fans who put on a show
- ESPN College GameDay in Pullman: Highlights, best signs from a party on the Palouse
- Instant analysis: Three impressions from No. 15 UW Huskies' 27-13 win vs. Colorado
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Instant analysis: Three impressions from Washington State's 34-20 win vs. Oregon
José Miguel Romero: 206-464-2409 or email@example.com