Emir Alihodzic scored early for S2, but St. Louis earned the equalizer in the 86th minute.
Seattle Sounders FC 2 earned a 1-1 draw at Saint Louis FC on Wednesday.
Midfielder Emir Alihodzic scored his first professional goal to open the scoring in the 12th minute for S2 (3-9-5). The goal came on a mistake by St. Louis goalkeeper Ryan Thompson, who came outside of the area in an attempt to make a clearance. The ball was mishandled, leaving forward Andy Craven to pounce on it and chip over the defender into Alihodzic, who headed the ball into the far-post corner.
St. Louis (6-6-5) scored the equalizer in the 86th minute on a header by defender Sam Fink.
• Seattle Reign forward Nahomi “Naho” Kawasumi has been named the National Women’s Soccer League player of the week after netting two goals in her return to the club Saturday night.
Most Read Sports Stories
- The King's Farewell: The end of Felix Hernandez's long, complicated journey with the Mariners | In-depth
- WSU Cougars collapse, allow 50 points in second half in shocking upset loss to UCLA VIEW
- 'He's an NFL quarterback': Jacob Eason was at his finest against BYU — and others took notice | Larry Stone
- Seahawks embarrass themselves in loss to Saints on ‘particularly bad day’ | Matt Calkins
- Instant analysis: Impressions from the Seahawks' Week 3 loss vs. New Orleans Saints
Kawasumi, making her first Reign appearance since 2014, scored in the 14th and 62nd minutes as Seattle beat the Boston Breakers 2-0 at Memorial Stadium.