Emir Alihodzic scored early for S2, but St. Louis earned the equalizer in the 86th minute.
Seattle Sounders FC 2 earned a 1-1 draw at Saint Louis FC on Wednesday.
Midfielder Emir Alihodzic scored his first professional goal to open the scoring in the 12th minute for S2 (3-9-5). The goal came on a mistake by St. Louis goalkeeper Ryan Thompson, who came outside of the area in an attempt to make a clearance. The ball was mishandled, leaving forward Andy Craven to pounce on it and chip over the defender into Alihodzic, who headed the ball into the far-post corner.
St. Louis (6-6-5) scored the equalizer in the 86th minute on a header by defender Sam Fink.
• Seattle Reign forward Nahomi “Naho” Kawasumi has been named the National Women’s Soccer League player of the week after netting two goals in her return to the club Saturday night.
Most Read Sports Stories
- The Seahawks offense is completely broken, and that's why this season is over
- Analysis: Did Washington get the Kalen DeBoer hire right?
- Now that the Seahawks have virtually no shot at the playoffs, can Pete Carroll's 'program' be saved?
- Here's what you need to know about UW's new football coach: Kalen DeBoer
- Can coach Kalen DeBoer turn around a broken UW Huskies football program?
Kawasumi, making her first Reign appearance since 2014, scored in the 14th and 62nd minutes as Seattle beat the Boston Breakers 2-0 at Memorial Stadium.