Emir Alihodzic scored early for S2, but St. Louis earned the equalizer in the 86th minute.
Seattle Sounders FC 2 earned a 1-1 draw at Saint Louis FC on Wednesday.
Midfielder Emir Alihodzic scored his first professional goal to open the scoring in the 12th minute for S2 (3-9-5). The goal came on a mistake by St. Louis goalkeeper Ryan Thompson, who came outside of the area in an attempt to make a clearance. The ball was mishandled, leaving forward Andy Craven to pounce on it and chip over the defender into Alihodzic, who headed the ball into the far-post corner.
St. Louis (6-6-5) scored the equalizer in the 86th minute on a header by defender Sam Fink.
• Seattle Reign forward Nahomi “Naho” Kawasumi has been named the National Women’s Soccer League player of the week after netting two goals in her return to the club Saturday night.
Most Read Sports Stories
- What Pete Carroll said about Duane Brown, Rashaad Penny and the Seahawks' vaccination numbers
- Cornerback Davon Banks becomes surprise addition to UW Huskies' 2021 signing class
- Expect the Seahawks to work out a contract extension with Jamal Adams — because they have to
- As Tyler Lockett joins Seahawks players embracing Shane Waldron's offense, it's fun to think of possibilities
- Chris Flexen throws eight shutout innings, Mariners hitters also come through in 10-0 win over Twins
Kawasumi, making her first Reign appearance since 2014, scored in the 14th and 62nd minutes as Seattle beat the Boston Breakers 2-0 at Memorial Stadium.