Sounders defender Brad Evans, celebrating his 31st birthday on Wednesday, said that he's still wearing a protective shoulder brace "but this is more just a confidence thing."
Sounders defender Brad Evans, celebrating his 31st birthday on Wednesday, said that he’s still wearing a protective shoulder brace “but this is more just a confidence thing.”
Evans injured his left shoulder toppling over Kansas City forward Dom Dwyer in last month’s season-opener, missing two matches before returning for the Montreal win.
“This way, they can’t say, ‘Well why weren’t you wearing your brace?’ That’s something I’ve heard before,” Evans said. “Making sure I have all the bases covered. I feel normal playing with it, so I’ll keep it on until I feel 1,000 percent.”
Most Read Sports Stories
- Analysis: Where will Washington land? Here are all of the Huskies' conference realignment options.
- Seahawks and Trail Blazers are not for sale, says team chair Jody Allen
- The Pac-12 will never be the same again, and that's sad
- Mariners sweep Padres, get within a game of .500
- Analysis: With survival at stake, Pac-12 should consider merging with the ACC