Matt Pentz and Geoff Baker look at some of the storylines heading into the game from both a Sounders and Toronto perspective. Pentz outlines some of the keys needed for the Sounders to emerge victorious.
The Seattle Sounders making it to the MLS Cup championship game for the first time in their history is a major moment in our city’s sports history. As such, we plan to cover it that way, beginning with this daily Road to the MLS Cup 2016 podcast to keep you updated on all happenings with the Sounders, their Toronto FC opponent and the game itself taking place Saturday.
We’ll have reporter and sports business columnist Geoff Baker speaking daily with soccer reporter Matt Pentz from Toronto. Columnist Larry Stone will also be at Saturday’s game and will throw in some commentary as well, along with interviews, insights and other tidbits you’ll only find right here.
In today’s episode, Pentz and Baker try to nail down some of the storylines heading into the game from both a Sounders and Toronto perspective. Pentz outlines some of the keys needed for the Sounders to emerge victorious.
Longtime former Toronto resident Baker also provides context as to why the championship game is causing such a stir north of the border.
Most Read Sports Stories
- What USC's hiring of Lincoln Riley means for the Trojans and the rest of the Pac-12
- UW Huskies hire Fresno State's Kalen DeBoer as next football coach
- Commentary: Jayden de Laura driving a WSU flag into the Husky Stadium turf should haunt Huskies now — and then motivate them
- WSU Cougars promote former defensive coordinator Jake Dickert to head football coach
- GM Jerry Dipoto says active Mariners have two offers — one 'notable' — out to free agents as MLB lockout looms