Nicolas Lodeiro has returned from Uruguay and is in Saturday night's starting lineup against D.C. United, a last place team the 2-7-2 Sounders badly need to take three points from
Sounders midfielder Nicolas Lodeiro got on a conference call from Uruguay with team officials earlier this week and assured them he’d be flying back Thursday and on the field Saturday to face D.C. United. That’s indeed the case as Lodeiro returns to the team’s starting lineup tonight in a critical game the home side desperately needs to take three points from.
United is in last place in the Eastern Conference and the type of team the Sounders, at 2-7-2, need to beat at home if they want to make any playoff runs starting in July. It’s raining heavily here at kickoff and not exactly the best night for spectator sports. But there are an awful lot of empty seats at CenturyLink Field.
Add Felix Chenkam to the ranks of the Sounders’ walking wounded. He was listed as a substitute for the game, but has been scratched with a strained right hamstring. Henry Wingo replaces him. On the plus side, Will Bruin is starting up top and Harry Shipp and Victor Rodriguez are as well. Been a long time since all three of those players started on the same night.
Most Read Sports Stories
- UW set to face No. 1 North Carolina in Round of 32: Here's what you need to know about the Tar Heels
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- 'He's crazy': How quirky is Huskies coach Mike Hopkins? Let his players tell you | Matt Calkins
- With Sweet 16 on the line, No. 1 North Carolina is Washington's biggest game in nearly a decade
- Huskies’ magic dries up as North Carolina gives UW another early exit from NCAA tournament
GK Stefan Frei
RB Kelvin Leerdam
CB Chad Marshall
CB Kim Kee-hee
MF Cristian Roldan
MF Nicolas Lodeiro
MF Harry Shipp
MF Victor Rodriguez
FW Will Bruin