Conor Casey had a hat trick, including the second-quickest goal in Major League Soccer history (16 seconds), to lift the Colorado Rapids...
CARSON, Calif. — Conor Casey had a hat trick, including the second-quickest goal in Major League Soccer history (16 seconds), to lift the Colorado Rapids to a 3-2 victory over the Los Angeles Galaxy on Saturday night.
Omar Cummings added two assists for the Rapids (2-1-0). Omar Gonzalez and Alan Gordon scored for the Galaxy (0-1-1), with Landon Donovan assisting.
Casey’s final goal broke a 2-all tie in the 84th minute. The Galaxy had been playing with 10 men since the 59th minute, when Dema Kovalenko received a red card for sliding into Mehdi Ballouchy’s right leg.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Huskies ride their pitching to super regional sweep, return to Women's College World Series
- State roundup: Muckleshoot Tribal’s Rosalie Fish wins three titles, makes statement while doing it
- Frustrations boil over for Mariners as they're swept in Oakland, losing streak at six
- Mariners Sunday mailbag: What's it like to cover a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 17 seasons?
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
At DC United 1, Dynamo 0
Luciano Emilio scored his second goal of the season early in the second half to give D.C. United (1-0-2) its first win. Ex-Gonzaga standout Brian Ching returned for Houston (0-2-1).
At Revolution 2, FC Dallas 1
Veteran midfielder Steve Ralston came on to start the second half and scored on a penalty kick in the 80th minute to lift New England over FC Dallas. Sainey Nyassi scored the tying goal for the Revolution (2-0-1) in the second half, while Kenny Cooper scored in the first half for FC Dallas (0-3).