Conor Casey had a hat trick, including the second-quickest goal in Major League Soccer history (16 seconds), to lift the Colorado Rapids...
CARSON, Calif. — Conor Casey had a hat trick, including the second-quickest goal in Major League Soccer history (16 seconds), to lift the Colorado Rapids to a 3-2 victory over the Los Angeles Galaxy on Saturday night.
Omar Cummings added two assists for the Rapids (2-1-0). Omar Gonzalez and Alan Gordon scored for the Galaxy (0-1-1), with Landon Donovan assisting.
Casey’s final goal broke a 2-all tie in the 84th minute. The Galaxy had been playing with 10 men since the 59th minute, when Dema Kovalenko received a red card for sliding into Mehdi Ballouchy’s right leg.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Who won the James Paxton trade? Here's what the national media are saying about the Mariners-Yankees blockbuster
- WSU's Gardner Minshew shows how valuable a grad transfer QB can be to a team. But you'll never see that at UW.
- Like it or not, the Mariners had to trade James Paxton | Matt Calkins
- Mariners trade left-hander James Paxton to the Yankees for three prospects
- A sweet Apple Cup: 'Why can’t you be more like the Petersen boy?’
At DC United 1, Dynamo 0
Luciano Emilio scored his second goal of the season early in the second half to give D.C. United (1-0-2) its first win. Ex-Gonzaga standout Brian Ching returned for Houston (0-2-1).
At Revolution 2, FC Dallas 1
Veteran midfielder Steve Ralston came on to start the second half and scored on a penalty kick in the 80th minute to lift New England over FC Dallas. Sainey Nyassi scored the tying goal for the Revolution (2-0-1) in the second half, while Kenny Cooper scored in the first half for FC Dallas (0-3).