Facing a record setting Toronto FC team in Saturday's MLS Cup final, the Sounders have opted for the veteran presence of Joevin Jones at left back, Victor Rodriguez at left wing and rookie Nouhou on the bench to start things off.
For all the playoff success enjoyed by the Sounders with the Nouhou-Joevin Jones combination along the left side, the club is going with a more veteran presence to start Saturday’s MLS Cup championship game against Toronto FC. That means it’s Nouhou to the bench, Joevin Jones bumped into his familiiar left back position and Victor Rodriguez inserted up along the wing.
This will be the final game Jones plays for the Sounders ahead of moving on to SV Darmstadt in the German second division next year. The teamperatures have warmed up a bit from Friday, largely because we don’t have the same strong winds present. So far, no snow is falling and that means we’ll likely start the game with regular soccer balls instead of the orange-colored ones.
The Sounders will look to make history. With a win, they would be the first major professional team in Seattle to win consecutive titles and only the fourth MLS squad to do so.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Marshawn Lynch paid an official visit to the Seahawks, but it's not what you think
- Last time UW and Boise State met in Las Vegas, Bishop Sankey earned MVP honors. Since, he's earned a lot more.
- He's still waiting for more throws, but Josh Gordon 'absolutely' wants to be with Seahawks next year
- Previewing the official visits (and possible commitments?) of UW Husky targets Jack Yary and Xavier Carlton
- NHL Seattle GM Ron Francis speaks for the first time since Bill Peters coaching abuse allegations | Exclusive
GK: Stefan Frei
LB: Joevin Jones
CB Chad Marshall
CB: Roman Torres
RB: Kelvin Leerdam
MF: Cristian Roldan
MF: Gustav Svensson
MF: Victor Rodriguez
MF: Clint Dempsey
MF: Nicolas Lodeiro
FW: Will Bruin