Seattle Sounders captain Brad Evans will rejoin his club teammates ahead of schedule after experiencing hamstring tightness during the U.S. national team’s 3-2 win over Iceland last weekend, the federation announced Tuesday.
Evans started at right back on Sunday but was removed at halftime as what the release called a “precaution in order to be ready for preseason with his club.” Seattle is training in Tucson, Ariz., through the middle of next week and has its first friendly of 2016 on Wednesday against Vancouver.
Fellow defender Michael Orozco also left camp per an agreement with Club Tijuana, leaving the USMNT roster at 24 players ahead of Friday’s Canada friendly (7:15 p.m. PST on Fox Sports 1).
Updated U.S. Roster by Position:
Most Read Sports Stories
- No indication Jody Allen will sell the Seahawks anytime soon, despite rumors
- I misjudged this year's Mariners team — at least as they've performed so far
- After falling into last place, Mariners season passes infuriating and moves into depressing
- An Olympic champion at 19, Seattle’s Nevin Harrison continues to dream big: ‘It’s time for me to do the impossible’
- Mariners fall into last place in the AL West after dropping home series to A's
GOALKEEPERS (3): David Bingham (San Jose Earthquakes), Sean Johnson (Chicago Fire), Luis Robles (New York Red Bulls)
DEFENDERS (7): Kellyn Acosta (FC Dallas), Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City), Steve Birnbaum (D.C. United), Eric Miller (Montreal Impact), Tim Parker (Vancouver Whitecaps FC), Matt Polster (Chicago Fire), Brandon Vincent (Chicago Fire)
MIDFIELDERS (8): Michael Bradley (Toronto FC), Mix Diskerud (New York City FC), Jermaine Jones (Unattached), Perry Kitchen (Unattached), Darlington Nagbe (Portland Timbers), Lee Nguyen (New England Revolution), Tony Tchani (Columbus Crew SC), Wil Trapp (Columbus Crew SC)
FORWARDS (6): Jozy Altidore (Toronto FC), Ethan Finlay (Columbus Crew SC), Jerome Kiesewetter (VfB Stuttgart), Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders FC), Khiry Shelton (New York City FC), Gyasi Zardes (LA Galaxy)