BETHLEHEM, Pa. (AP) — Jimmy Sotos raced down the lane for the winning layup with 1.2 seconds left to cap a frantic finish that gave Bucknell an 85-83 win over Lehigh on Saturday and first place in the Patriot League.
An 11-0 run put the Bison up 82-76 with 36 seconds to play. The Mountain Hawks pulled within 83-81 on a Lance Tejada 3-pointer with 11 seconds left. On the inbounds pass, Lehigh trapped the ball in the corner, stole it away and Tejada found Pat Andree breaking down the key for the tying layup with 6.7 seconds to go.
The ball was inbounded to Sotos in front of the Lehigh bench and he dribbled the length of the court unimpeded for the winner.
Kimbal Mackenzie scored 25 points and Bruce Moore added a career-high 19 for Bucknell (11-7, 5-1), which won its fourth straight.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Notebook: UW adds another DeBoer, Drone Gate rages on, and are secondary reinforcements coming?
- Maybe the Seahawks' season isn't over, but it sure is starting to feel that way
- Pac-12 power rankings: 4-0 Huskies pass Cougars in top 5
- Seahawks defense must look inward after being dominated by Falcons
- Everything UW Huskies coach Kalen DeBoer said in his UCLA Week news conference
Kyle Leufroy led the Mountain Hawks (11-6, 4-2) with a career-high 26. Tejada added 15 and James Karnik and Pat Andree had 14 each. Leufroy had six 3-pointers and Tejada four as Lehigh went 14 of 23 from distance, 17 of 37 inside the arc.
The big lead for both teams was six and there were 12 ties and 20 lead changes.