EDWARDSVILLE, Ill. (AP) — Mack Smith scored 18 points as Eastern Illinois topped Southern Illinois-Edwardsville 79-65 on Thursday. Josiah Wallace added 16 points for the Panthers, while Ben Harvey chipped in 15.
JaQualis Matlock had 11 rebounds and three blocks for Eastern Illinois (14-12, 7-6 Ohio Valley Conference).
Brandon Jackson had 16 points and 10 rebounds for the Cougars (8-17, 4-9). Jaylen McCoy added 12 points. Daniel Kinchen had 11 points.
Tyresse Williford, who led the Cougars in scoring heading into the matchup with 14 points per game, shot only 20 percent for the game (1 of 5).
Most Read Sports Stories
- Former Kennedy Catholic WR standout Lonyatta 'Junior' Alexander announces transfer from ASU to Washington
- Analysis: Here are 12 items that should be on the Seahawks' offseason to-do list
- Even the Sounders can't believe they landed Albert Rusnak. Here's why the star midfielder chose Seattle.
- 'We are more than just athletes': Bobby Wagner showed deeper side in thought-provoking media sessions
- Mariners mailbag: Answering questions on spring training, lockout timelines and uniform changes
The Panthers improve to 2-0 against the Cougars this season. Eastern Illinois defeated Southern Illinois-Edwardsville 84-81 on Jan. 5. Eastern Illinois plays Southeast Missouri at home on Saturday. Southern Illinois-Edwardsville faces UT Martin at home on Saturday.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com