ELON, N.C. (AP) — Tyler Seibring was good on the final shot of the game as hit a jumper to give Elon a 57-56 victory over Delaware on Thursday night.
Ithiel Horton scored under the basket to give the Blue Hens a 56-55 lead with 2:30 remaining. Neither team could hit a basket until Seibring nailed the game-winning jumper with four seconds left.
Seibring, who recorded the 10th double-double of his career, finished with 22 points and 11 rebounds. Kris Wooten added 16 points for Elon (8-15, 4-6 Colonial Athletic Association).
Elon led throughout the first half and was up 31-30 at the break. A Ryan Allen 3-pointer gave Delaware its first lead 35-34 with 17:36 remaining. The teams swapped the lead throughout the final period until Seibring nailed the winning bucket.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Storm star Breanna Stewart reportedly met with NY Liberty last week. Could she actually leave Seattle?
- Huskies men, minus coach Mike Hopkins, win third straight, defeating Oregon State
- The MLB lockout hurts everywhere but especially in Seattle where hope has rarely been higher
- Mariners position overview: Jarred Kelenic wasn't meant to be the everyday center fielder, but it's a role he'll have to embrace
- Despite taking the long road to his dream school, LB transfer Demario King is ready to make an immediate impact at UW
Eric Carter led Delaware with 18 points and 14 rebounds, his 11th double-double on the season. Ryan Allen added 11 points for the Blue Hens (14-9, 6-4).