Jacinta Beckley leads Seattle with 18 points, six rebounds and three blocks for the Redhawks who won 62-58.
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The Seattle U women made a big push in the fourth quarter to upend Missouri-Kansas City on Saturday afternoon 62-58.
The Redhawks (8-10, 2-1 Western Athletic Conference) outscored the Kangaroos 23-16 in the fourth quarter, erasing a six-point deficit.
Jacinta Beckley led Seattle with 18 points, six rebounds and three blocks, and Kallin Spiller added 15 points and 11 rebounds. Alexis Montgomery added 13 points, eight rebounds and three assists for the Redhawks.
Kristen Moore scored 19 points to lead UMKC (5-13, 1-2).
Most Read Sports Stories
- It's hard not to feel sorry for former Husky basketball star Isaiah Thomas | Calkins
- Kyle Lewis says he's back to pre-injury status, and that should quicken the pulse of Mariners fans | Stone
- Mariners Sunday mailbag: What will Seattle do at the trade deadline? Details on James Paxton's DL stint, and more
- Sail like a girl: How an all-female team made history and won the 750-mile Race to Alaska VIEW
- Rockies' walkoff completes sweep and sends Mariners reeling into the All-Star break VIEW
Seattle will make its WAC home opener on Thursday against New Mexico State.