The Redhawks outscore the Cougars 28-8 in the fourth quarter to rally for a 63-56 victory. Chicago State has lost 53 consecutive games dating to 2016.
CHICAGO — Alexis Montgomery had 26 points and the visiting Seattle University women rallied for a 63-56 victory over winless Chicago State on Thursday night.
The Redhawks (7-10, 1-1 WAC) trailed for most of the game before making the largest comeback in their Division I history (17 points) against the Cougars (0-17, 0-2) who have the nation’s longest losing streak.
Chicago State has lost 53 consecutive games, the fourth-longest streak all-time. The Cougars’ last victory was Feb. 4, 2016, against the Redhawks, 57-49.
Chicago State led 36-23 at halftime and 47-30 with 1:42 left in the third. But SU outscored CSU 28-8 in the fourth quarter to avoid the upset.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seahawks give out some new jersey numbers --- including No. 24
- Seahawks general manager John Schneider says team making 'less excuses' for draft picks WATCH
- These eight UW Huskies stood out through four weeks of spring football
- Traffic from I-5 to NHL, NBA games at KeyArena would have slowdowns but no major snarls, study says
- Seahawks pre-draft notes: Pete Carroll says Colin Kaepernick still an option, and updates on Kam Chancellor and Malik McDowell