The Redhawks outscore the Cougars 28-8 in the fourth quarter to rally for a 63-56 victory. Chicago State has lost 53 consecutive games dating to 2016.
CHICAGO — Alexis Montgomery had 26 points and the visiting Seattle University women rallied for a 63-56 victory over winless Chicago State on Thursday night.
The Redhawks (7-10, 1-1 WAC) trailed for most of the game before making the largest comeback in their Division I history (17 points) against the Cougars (0-17, 0-2) who have the nation’s longest losing streak.
Chicago State has lost 53 consecutive games, the fourth-longest streak all-time. The Cougars’ last victory was Feb. 4, 2016, against the Redhawks, 57-49.
Chicago State led 36-23 at halftime and 47-30 with 1:42 left in the third. But SU outscored CSU 28-8 in the fourth quarter to avoid the upset.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seahawks GameCenter: Live updates, highlights from win in London over Oakland Raiders
- There go UW's College Football Playoff chances. Now, the Huskies are fighting for their Pac-12 lives. | Larry Stone
- 'It felt like we were at CenturyLink': Seahawks feel right at home in London laugher over Raiders WATCH
- Oregon vaults UW and WSU enters AP top 25, setting up ranked College GameDay showdown in Pullman
- ESPN College GameDay heading to Pullman for WSU vs. Oregon game