The Redhawks outscore the Cougars 28-8 in the fourth quarter to rally for a 63-56 victory. Chicago State has lost 53 consecutive games dating to 2016.
CHICAGO — Alexis Montgomery had 26 points and the visiting Seattle University women rallied for a 63-56 victory over winless Chicago State on Thursday night.
The Redhawks (7-10, 1-1 WAC) trailed for most of the game before making the largest comeback in their Division I history (17 points) against the Cougars (0-17, 0-2) who have the nation’s longest losing streak.
Chicago State has lost 53 consecutive games, the fourth-longest streak all-time. The Cougars’ last victory was Feb. 4, 2016, against the Redhawks, 57-49.
Chicago State led 36-23 at halftime and 47-30 with 1:42 left in the third. But SU outscored CSU 28-8 in the fourth quarter to avoid the upset.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Sounders, Reign ink new jersey sponsorship deals with Seattle-based online retailer Zulily WATCH
- Seahawks sign former first-round pick Paxton Lynch as backup QB candidate behind Russell Wilson
- Chris Petersen again taps into Boise State pipeline for Huskies' new wide receivers coach
- Washington gets outside shot going against Stanford, sits alone atop Pac-12 WATCH
- 'A 10 isn't enough': Bellevue native, UCLA gymnast breaks the internet with flawless floor routine WATCH