The Redhawks rallied from nine down in regulation but were hurt by poor free-throw shooting in 74-70 loss.
Texas Rio Grande Valley made eight of 10 free throws in overtime to pull out a 74-70 victory Thursday night over the Seattle U women at the Redhawk Center.
Seattle U (1-22, 1-9) rallied from nine points down in the final 2½ minutes and Courtney Murphy made a three-pointer with 16 seconds remaining in regulation to tie the score at 62, sending the game into overtime.
The difference came at the line where the Vaqueros (14-10, 8-3) made eight of 10 free throws in OT and the Redhawks 3 of 8. UTRGV was 17 of 25 overall to SU’s 10 of 24.
Joana Alves had 22 points for SU and Kamira Sanders scored 16.
Most Read Sports Stories
- UW set to face No. 1 North Carolina in Round of 32: Here's what you need to know about the Tar Heels
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Huskies show poise from the top down to make successful return to NCAA tournament
- March on: Huskies' ballhawking defense gets them past Utah State in NCAA tournament opener
- Impressions after UW's 78-61 NCAA tournament win: Balanced attack leads Huskies past Utah State