The Redhawks rallied from nine down in regulation but were hurt by poor free-throw shooting in 74-70 loss.
Texas Rio Grande Valley made eight of 10 free throws in overtime to pull out a 74-70 victory Thursday night over the Seattle U women at the Redhawk Center.
Seattle U (1-22, 1-9) rallied from nine points down in the final 2½ minutes and Courtney Murphy made a three-pointer with 16 seconds remaining in regulation to tie the score at 62, sending the game into overtime.
The difference came at the line where the Vaqueros (14-10, 8-3) made eight of 10 free throws in OT and the Redhawks 3 of 8. UTRGV was 17 of 25 overall to SU’s 10 of 24.
Joana Alves had 22 points for SU and Kamira Sanders scored 16.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Federal Way star Jaden McDaniels breaks silence, announces commitment to Washington
- Kurt Warner says Seahawks' Russell Wilson isn't a top-five NFL QB, and he might be right | Matt Calkins
- UW's Mike Hopkins is a great coach; adding Jaden McDaniels shows he may be a better recruiter. That's scary for the Pac-12.
- Analysis: Answering the biggest questions following Jaden McDaniels’ commitment to UW
- What we learned from the Seahawks' first open OTA: Injuries, contracts and position changes