Despite 20 points and seven rebounds from Joana Alves, the Seattle U women dropped a WAC game at Utah Valley, 63-54.
Despite 20 points and seven rebounds from Joana Alves, the Seattle U women dropped a Western Athletic Conference basketball game at Utah Valley, 63-54 on Saturday afternoon in Orem, Utah.
Alves was 8 of 8 from the free-throw line, and was one of the few offensive bright spots for the Redhawks, who fell to 1-21 and 1-8 in conference play.
Seattle U struggled offensively, hitting just 29.9 percent from the field, including 15 percent from three-point range.
Carla Bieg added 13 points, eight rebounds and four assists for Seattle U, which got as close as five points with 2:43 remaining in the fourth quarter.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Former Seahawks safety Earl Thomas finally explains that middle finger
- UW Huskies earn first NCAA tournament bid in 8 years as Pac-12 squeezes 3 teams in
- Seahawks getting visit from veteran free agent receiver Jordy Nelson, report says
- Analysis: Does Russell Wilson really want to leave the Seahawks for the New York Giants?
- Ichiro will be in the Mariners starting lineup on opening day in Japan vs. the A's VIEW
Alexis Cortez led four players in double figures with 15 points for the Wolverines (12-10, 6-3). Jordan Holland added 13 points and 12 rebounds.
Seattle U returns home to face Texas-Rio Grande Valley on Thursday.