Kamira Sanders scored 19 points in the 78-64 defeat.
The Seattle U women’s basketball team fell to 0-8 after a 78-64 loss to Pepperdine at Redhawk Center on Sunday.
Kamira Sanders led the Redhawks with 19 points on 6-of-13 shooting. She also had six rebounds.
“Kamira was scoring at will in the first half today,” Seattle U coach Suzy Barcomb said.
Joana Alves added 17 points on 6-of-11 shooting to go with six rebounds and eight turnovers.
Most Read Sports Stories
- UW set to face No. 1 North Carolina in Round of 32: Here's what you need to know about the Tar Heels
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Huskies show poise from the top down to make successful return to NCAA tournament
- March on: Huskies' ballhawking defense gets them past Utah State in NCAA tournament opener
- 'He's crazy': How quirky is Huskies coach Mike Hopkins? Let his players tell you | Matt Calkins
Yasmine Robinson-Blacote led Pepperdine (4-1) with 19 points and eight rebounds.
The Waves shot 50 percent from the field and outrebounded Seattle U 38-27.
Seattle U hit 39.6 percent of its shots.
Seattle U has two road games this week. It’s at Pacific on Thursday and at UC Davis next Sunday.