Cal State Bakersfield outscored Seattle University 17-5 in the final 4:23 to rally for a 64-57 victory over the Redhawks.
BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — Cal State Bakersfield outscored Seattle University 17-5 in the final 4:23 to rally for a 64-57 victory over the Redhawks.
Seattle U (19-11, 8-5 Western Athletic Conference) suffered back-to-back losses for just the second time this season.
Morgan Means made a shot with 5:07 remaining to give Seattle U a 52-47 lead, then it missed three shots that would have extended it.
Cal State Bakersfield (12-16, 5-8) then came roaring back, taking the lead for good when Ricky Holden made a three-pointer with 2:17 left to give the Roadrunners a 54-53 edge.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Analysis: A final accounting of Russell Wilson's deal shows why he called it 'a no-brainer'
- GM John Schneider updates where things stand with Frank Clark, Bobby Wagner, Doug Baldwin WATCH
- Storm coach Dan Hughes diagnosed with cancer discovered during emergency appendectomy
- KeyArena renovation project now to exceed $900 million, with reopening pushed back VIEW
- Mariners snap 6-game skid by winning crazy 11-10 slugfest in Anaheim WATCH
“We battled and had a gutsy performance on a night when we could not get our shots to fall,” said Seattle U coach Jim Hayford. “But credit Bakersfield. They had a really gutsy last few minutes and made some clutch shots.”
The Redhawks close out the regular season Saturday at Utah Valley.