Cal State Bakersfield outscored Seattle University 17-5 in the final 4:23 to rally for a 64-57 victory over the Redhawks.
BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — Cal State Bakersfield outscored Seattle University 17-5 in the final 4:23 to rally for a 64-57 victory over the Redhawks.
Seattle U (19-11, 8-5 Western Athletic Conference) suffered back-to-back losses for just the second time this season.
Morgan Means made a shot with 5:07 remaining to give Seattle U a 52-47 lead, then it missed three shots that would have extended it.
Cal State Bakersfield (12-16, 5-8) then came roaring back, taking the lead for good when Ricky Holden made a three-pointer with 2:17 left to give the Roadrunners a 54-53 edge.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Preposterous: Mariners survive worst inning of the season and rally for 7-6 win over Red Sox
- Wade LeBlanc, two Mariners relievers blank the Boston Red Sox 1-0
- No lawsuit yet, but apartment building owners’ challenge could delay KeyArena renovation
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- 2026 World Cup host cities: Ranking the contenders
“We battled and had a gutsy performance on a night when we could not get our shots to fall,” said Seattle U coach Jim Hayford. “But credit Bakersfield. They had a really gutsy last few minutes and made some clutch shots.”
The Redhawks close out the regular season Saturday at Utah Valley.