Cal State Bakersfield outscored Seattle University 17-5 in the final 4:23 to rally for a 64-57 victory over the Redhawks.
BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — Cal State Bakersfield outscored Seattle University 17-5 in the final 4:23 to rally for a 64-57 victory over the Redhawks.
Seattle U (19-11, 8-5 Western Athletic Conference) suffered back-to-back losses for just the second time this season.
Morgan Means made a shot with 5:07 remaining to give Seattle U a 52-47 lead, then it missed three shots that would have extended it.
Cal State Bakersfield (12-16, 5-8) then came roaring back, taking the lead for good when Ricky Holden made a three-pointer with 2:17 left to give the Roadrunners a 54-53 edge.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Ex-Seahawk Michael Bennett has warrant for his arrest after Texas grand jury indicts him on felony charge
- 10/10, would cheer with: UW introduces new live mascot, Dubs II, and he is adorable
- Seahawks sign veteran DT Tom Johnson
- Baseball coach who raised more than $40K to rejuvenate Rainier Beach team quits after one season
- Huskies coach Mike Hopkins denies Pittsburgh rumors, plans to return to UW next season WATCH
“We battled and had a gutsy performance on a night when we could not get our shots to fall,” said Seattle U coach Jim Hayford. “But credit Bakersfield. They had a really gutsy last few minutes and made some clutch shots.”
The Redhawks close out the regular season Saturday at Utah Valley.