Alexis Montgomery recorded a historic triple-double to lead the Seattle University women’s basketball team to a 66-62 win over Missouri-Kansas City on Thursday at the Connolly Complex.
The senior had 14 points, 13 rebounds and 10 assists for the first triple-double in program history.
The win gave Seattle U (12-11, 6-2 Western Athletic Conference) a sweep of the Roos (8-16, 4-5) for a second straight season.
Montgomery also had two blocks and a steal. In her last outing, Montgomery had 15 points, 12 assists and nine rebounds in a win at Utah Valley.
Most Read Sports Stories
- What's in a name? For Seattle's future NHL team, more than meets the Sock-eye
- From mentors to magic numbers: Why Brian Schottenheimer's the guy to resurrect the Seahawks' offense
- Analysis: Can Robinson Cano's return lift Mariners into the playoffs?
- Safeco Field lease agreement too favorable for Mariners and must be redone, ex-PFD member says
- Huskies' young receivers embracing daily challenge against UW's loaded secondary
“She is a special player,” said Barcomb. “She’s playing really good basketball right now.”
Joana Alves scored a career-high 12 points for Seattle U.