Alexis Montgomery recorded a historic triple-double to lead the Seattle University women’s basketball team to a 66-62 win over Missouri-Kansas City on Thursday at the Connolly Complex.
The senior had 14 points, 13 rebounds and 10 assists for the first triple-double in program history.
The win gave Seattle U (12-11, 6-2 Western Athletic Conference) a sweep of the Roos (8-16, 4-5) for a second straight season.
Montgomery also had two blocks and a steal. In her last outing, Montgomery had 15 points, 12 assists and nine rebounds in a win at Utah Valley.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seahawks mailbag: Breaking down the UDFA situation, a George Fant update and some (very) quick-hitters
- Analysis: Robinson Cano leaves hole, but Mariners now have cash and options
- Washington lands 7-foot-4 prospect from Richland, Riley Sorn
- Somehow, with several key players missing, Mariners eke out 10-inning win
- Mariners place Dee Gordon on the 10-day disabled list with fractured toe
“She is a special player,” said Barcomb. “She’s playing really good basketball right now.”
Joana Alves scored a career-high 12 points for Seattle U.