Alexis Montgomery recorded a historic triple-double to lead the Seattle University women’s basketball team to a 66-62 win over Missouri-Kansas City on Thursday at the Connolly Complex.
The senior had 14 points, 13 rebounds and 10 assists for the first triple-double in program history.
The win gave Seattle U (12-11, 6-2 Western Athletic Conference) a sweep of the Roos (8-16, 4-5) for a second straight season.
Montgomery also had two blocks and a steal. In her last outing, Montgomery had 15 points, 12 assists and nine rebounds in a win at Utah Valley.
Most Read Sports Stories
- With Paul Allen's death, it's unclear what happens next with Seahawks ownership
- Paul Allen was a knight in shining armor for the Seahawks and Seattle | Larry Stone
- Paul Allen was instrumental in luring Pete Carroll to coach the Seahawks
- Midseason All-Pac-12 team: UW Huskies well represented, but not Jake Browning
- London was kind to the Seahawks, and with some injured players returning, they’re ‘just getting rolling,’ says Carroll
“She is a special player,” said Barcomb. “She’s playing really good basketball right now.”
Joana Alves scored a career-high 12 points for Seattle U.