Alexis Montgomery recorded a historic triple-double to lead the Seattle University women’s basketball team to a 66-62 win over Missouri-Kansas City on Thursday at the Connolly Complex.
The senior had 14 points, 13 rebounds and 10 assists for the first triple-double in program history.
The win gave Seattle U (12-11, 6-2 Western Athletic Conference) a sweep of the Roos (8-16, 4-5) for a second straight season.
Montgomery also had two blocks and a steal. In her last outing, Montgomery had 15 points, 12 assists and nine rebounds in a win at Utah Valley.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Will UW men land 5-star recruit Isaiah Stewart? Huskies will find out Sunday
- What separates the haves and the have-nots of high-school athletics — and Washington's plan to fix it
- UW's Jake Browning set to play in NFLPA Collegiate Bowl at the Rose Bowl on Saturday
- Jake Browning gets start, throws two interceptions during NFLPA Collegiate Bowl
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
“She is a special player,” said Barcomb. “She’s playing really good basketball right now.”
Joana Alves scored a career-high 12 points for Seattle U.