Alexis Montgomery of Seattle University became the first player in Western Athletic Conference history to post two triple-doubles as the Redhawks women beat Utah Valley 83-53.
Alexis Montgomery of Seattle University became the first player in Western Athletic Conference history to post two triple-doubles as the Redhawks women beat Utah Valley 83-53 Saturday on senior day at the Connolly Complex.
Montgomery compiled 15 points, 15 rebounds and 10 assists in the regular-season finale.
“It was our ball movement today,” said SU coach Suzy Barcomb. “The three-ball is contagious. When you have multiple people who can hit shots, it makes us dangerous against the zone.”
Seattle U (15-14, 9-5) earned the fourth seed in this week’s WAC tournament in Las Vegas. It will face fifth-seeded Kansas City in the first round Wednesday at 8:30 p.m.
SU men fall
Most Read Sports Stories
- Former Mariners ace Felix Hernandez decides not to play in 2020
- Four-star 2021 WR Jabez Tinae continues Kennedy Catholic pipeline by verbally committing to Washington
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson surpassed by Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes as NFL's highest-paid player
- Felix Hernandez's fresh start in Atlanta ends before it begins
- Mariners to open coronavirus-delayed season with seven-game road trip, starting in Houston
OREM, Utah — Conner Toolson scored 17 points and grabbed six rebounds as the Utah Valley (21-9, 10-4) men rolled to 73-47 win over Seattle U in a regular-season finale.
Aaron Menzies led the Redhawks (19-12, 8-6) with 10 points and eight rebounds. SU enters the WAC tournament in Las Vegas as the No. 4 seed. The Redhawks face fifth seed Texas Rio Grande Valley in the first round Thursday at 8:30 p.m.
“It was a tough night,” SU coach Jim Hayford said. “I can’t fault the effort we showed, but with that, we could have rebounded better, we could have defended better. We need to regroup and be ready to go against a very strong UTRGV team Thursday.”