Freshman Courtney Murphy sets a SU Division I record with 33 points in 90-54 rout of Chicago State.
Courtney Murphy set a Seattle U Division I record with 33 points and the Redhawks ended an 0-18 start to the season with a 90-54 rout of Chicago State in a WAC women’s basketball game Thursday at Redhawk Center.
The Redhawks (1-18, 1-5) jumped to a 27-0 lead.
“I’m so happy for this team and their willingness to continue to show up and compete,” SU coach Suzy Barcomb said. “We unleashed our frustration and the emotion we started the game with was electric.”
Murphy, a freshman from Sunshine Coast, Australia, finished 10 of 18 from the field, including five three-pointers.
Most Read Sports Stories
- He's 'completely different.' But will Puka Nacua be a difference-maker in his freshman season at UW?
- Bad with a purpose: Are the 'step-back' Mariners among the worst teams in franchise history? | Larry Stone
- Storm removes Breanna Stewart from roster, WNBA hires her as ambassador in unprecedented move
- What the contracts of Al Woods and Geno Smith say about their potential roles for the Seahawks in 2019
- Analysis: While UW basketball stocks up on top-tier talent, Oregon can't catch a break | Jon Wilner
Chicago State (1-17, 1-4) had entered with only one victory, a 50-48 buzzer-beater against Grand Canyon.