Freshman Courtney Murphy sets a SU Division I record with 33 points in 90-54 rout of Chicago State.
Courtney Murphy set a Seattle U Division I record with 33 points and the Redhawks ended an 0-18 start to the season with a 90-54 rout of Chicago State in a WAC women’s basketball game Thursday at Redhawk Center.
The Redhawks (1-18, 1-5) jumped to a 27-0 lead.
“I’m so happy for this team and their willingness to continue to show up and compete,” SU coach Suzy Barcomb said. “We unleashed our frustration and the emotion we started the game with was electric.”
Murphy, a freshman from Sunshine Coast, Australia, finished 10 of 18 from the field, including five three-pointers.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Former Seahawks safety Earl Thomas finally explains that middle finger
- No hard feelings? Mariners face challenge in how to part with Ichiro, Felix Hernandez | Larry Stone
- UW Huskies earn first NCAA tournament bid in 8 years as Pac-12 squeezes 3 teams in
- Seahawks getting visit from veteran free agent receiver Jordy Nelson, report says
- Analysis: Does Russell Wilson really want to leave the Seahawks for the New York Giants?
Chicago State (1-17, 1-4) had entered with only one victory, a 50-48 buzzer-beater against Grand Canyon.