Jordan Hill led all scorers with 20 points in his Seattle University debut, but the Redhawks fell 62-46 at Saint Louis on Friday night.
ST. LOUIS, Mo. — Jordan Hill led all scorers with 20 points in his Seattle University debut, but the Redhawks fell 62-46 to Saint Louis on Friday night at Chaifetz Arena in a game played as part of the 2K Classic Benefiting Wounded Warrior Project.
“Transition defense hurt us in the first half, and offensive rebounding hurt us in the second half,” said new SU coach Jim Hayford. “But now we’ve all been in the battle together, and we’ll grow from this.”
Joining Hill in double figures was Matej Kavas with 15 points. No other Redhawk had more than six as the team shot 35.4 percent from the field and 28 percent from three-point range.
The Redhawks next host Puget Sound at 4 p.m. Sunday at the Connolly Complex.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle’s income tax on the wealthy is illegal, judge rules
- Analysis: Five reasons the Seahawks waived Dwight Freeney WATCH
- 2 shot at Capitol Hill nightclub in Seattle
- 'I just can’t take these night games': Husky football fans tired of late games, with little notice
- Before losing cancer battle, Ben Cushing inspired Cougars, Huskies to band together