Three months into their debut season, the Seattle Reign FC women’s soccer club finally posted its first win.
Seattle (1-9-2) knocked off the Boston Breakers, 2-1, on Wednesday night at Dilboy Stadium in Somerville, Mass.
The Breakers (3-5-3) scored in the 51st minute with Mariha Nogueira netting her first goal of the season for a 1-0 advantage.
Reign FC would battle back, though.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Here's a look at the Seahawks' schedule for the 2021 NFL season
- The Seahawks will open the 2021 season at the Colts. Here’s what we know so far about their schedule
- Jarred Kelenic's torrid start to his AAA season has earned him a call-up to the Mariners
- Could Mariners' top pitching prospect Logan Gilbert also be called up this weekend?
- Kraken inks first player, Luke Henman, who was drafted by Carolina in 2018
Jessica Fishlock leveled the score in the 78th minute with a goal. Then midfielder Christine Nairn made history, scoring the team’s first game-winning goal, in the 86th minute. Liz Bogus got the assist.
Star goalkeeper Hope Solo had six saves for Seattle.
The Reign returns home for a game against the Chicago Red Stars at 8 p.m. on Saturday at Starfire Sports Complex in Tukwila.
From a Web report