Reign goalkeeper Michelle Betos make six saves, including key stops late, to help her team preserve a draw.
In the teams’ first-ever meeting, the Utah Royals FC and Seattle Reign FC played to a scoreless draw before 8,504 at Rio Tinto Stadium in Sandy, Utah, on Wednesday night.
The game marked a unique reunion as Utah coach Laura Harvey faced her former team for the first time.
Harvey coached the Reign for five seasons.
The game also saw Christen Press make her debut for Utah (4-3-6). Press joined the new franchise after a three-team trade sent Press and former Chicago Red Stars defender Samantha Johnson to Utah. Press earned the start on the night and recorded five shots with three on goal. Johnson was available on the bench but wasn’t used as a substitute.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Analysis: Does Russell Wilson really want to leave the Seahawks for the New York Giants?
- Impressions from UW's win over Utah: Defense peaking as Huskies close in on Pac-12 crown WATCH
- Not allowing a basket for nearly half the game, UW makes Utah latest victim of swarming defense VIEW
- 'The future of basketball' plays at Federal Way High School. His name is Jaden McDaniels.
- After month of twists and turns, what happens now with Colin Kaepernick and the NFL? | Matt Calkins
Reign goalkeeper Michelle Betos made six saves, including key stops late in the game.
Despite the tie, the Reign (5-3-5, 20 points) moved into sole possession of third place in the NWSL.