Reign goalkeeper Michelle Betos make six saves, including key stops late, to help her team preserve a draw.
In the teams’ first-ever meeting, the Utah Royals FC and Seattle Reign FC played to a scoreless draw before 8,504 at Rio Tinto Stadium in Sandy, Utah, on Wednesday night.
The game marked a unique reunion as Utah coach Laura Harvey faced her former team for the first time.
Harvey coached the Reign for five seasons.
The game also saw Christen Press make her debut for Utah (4-3-6). Press joined the new franchise after a three-team trade sent Press and former Chicago Red Stars defender Samantha Johnson to Utah. Press earned the start on the night and recorded five shots with three on goal. Johnson was available on the bench but wasn’t used as a substitute.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Earl Thomas in his own words: On sitting out Seahawks practice, and whether he might get traded
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor raises 12th man flag, reveals he has spinal stenosis WATCH
- What the national media are saying about the Seahawks' first home win
- Peter McLoughlin out as Seahawks president and CEO in organizational restructuring
- Announcing the Final Four of our (unofficial) tournament to name Seattle's future NHL team
Reign goalkeeper Michelle Betos made six saves, including key stops late in the game.
Despite the tie, the Reign (5-3-5, 20 points) moved into sole possession of third place in the NWSL.