Reign goalkeeper Michelle Betos make six saves, including key stops late, to help her team preserve a draw.
In the teams’ first-ever meeting, the Utah Royals FC and Seattle Reign FC played to a scoreless draw before 8,504 at Rio Tinto Stadium in Sandy, Utah, on Wednesday night.
The game marked a unique reunion as Utah coach Laura Harvey faced her former team for the first time.
Harvey coached the Reign for five seasons.
The game also saw Christen Press make her debut for Utah (4-3-6). Press joined the new franchise after a three-team trade sent Press and former Chicago Red Stars defender Samantha Johnson to Utah. Press earned the start on the night and recorded five shots with three on goal. Johnson was available on the bench but wasn’t used as a substitute.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Mike Leach's tweet of doctored Obama video cost WSU $1.6 million in donations
- Safeco Field could become T-Mobile Field under Mariners' new agreement
- Three impressions from the Seahawks' comeback win over the Green Bay Packers
- Marysville-Pilchuck's RaeQuan Battle signs with Washington, becomes first from Tulalip Tribes with DI hoops scholarship
- Seahawks GameCenter: Live updates, how to watch, stream, listen as Seattle hosts Packers on Thursday Night Football
Reign goalkeeper Michelle Betos made six saves, including key stops late in the game.
Despite the tie, the Reign (5-3-5, 20 points) moved into sole possession of third place in the NWSL.