Jessica Bibby, 25, has played for the Dandenong Rangers in Australia's Women's National Basketball League.
The defending WNBA champion Seattle Storm re-signed reserve center Janell Burse today and added free-agent Australian guard Jessica Bibby to the roster.
Burse was acquired in a trade with Minnesota before the 2004 season. She averaged 4.9 points and 3.3 rebounds in 29 games last season.
“Her tenacity off the bench was a key part of the success we had last year,” Storm coach Anne Donovan said.
Bibby, 25, has played for the Dandenong Rangers in Australia’s Women’s National Basketball League since 1996. She played for the New York Liberty during the 2000 season.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Report: Russell Wilson's future with Seahawks 'remains uncertain'
- Seahawks GameCenter: Live updates, how to watch, stream Monday Night Football vs. Chicago Bears
- Only groups standing between Seattle and NHL, new KeyArena are those that want them most | Inside the NHL
- Where was Chris Carson in Seahawks' loss to Bears? Pete Carroll has an explanation --- or two
- Three impressions from the Seahawks' loss to the Chicago Bears on Monday Night Football
Seattle also announced it would play two preseason games. The Storm will play at the New York Liberty May 7 and host the Sacramento Monarchs May 14. Seattle opens the season May 21 hosting Los Angeles.