Jessica Bibby, 25, has played for the Dandenong Rangers in Australia's Women's National Basketball League.
The defending WNBA champion Seattle Storm re-signed reserve center Janell Burse today and added free-agent Australian guard Jessica Bibby to the roster.
Burse was acquired in a trade with Minnesota before the 2004 season. She averaged 4.9 points and 3.3 rebounds in 29 games last season.
“Her tenacity off the bench was a key part of the success we had last year,” Storm coach Anne Donovan said.
Bibby, 25, has played for the Dandenong Rangers in Australia’s Women’s National Basketball League since 1996. She played for the New York Liberty during the 2000 season.
Most Read Sports Stories
- After being fired, Lorena Martin levels accusations of racism at Mariners, who call them 'false'
- Report: In wake of Paul Allen's death, Seahawks will eventually be sold, possibly for record amount
- UW Huskies make scholarship offer to Kennedy Catholic's Sam Huard, top QB recruit in 2021 class VIEW
- Huskies, Cougars rise in AP poll as Apple Cup draws near
- Pac-12 Power Rankings Week 11: Will USC fire Clay Helton? | Jon Wilner
Seattle also announced it would play two preseason games. The Storm will play at the New York Liberty May 7 and host the Sacramento Monarchs May 14. Seattle opens the season May 21 hosting Los Angeles.