Jessica Bibby, 25, has played for the Dandenong Rangers in Australia's Women's National Basketball League.
The defending WNBA champion Seattle Storm re-signed reserve center Janell Burse today and added free-agent Australian guard Jessica Bibby to the roster.
Burse was acquired in a trade with Minnesota before the 2004 season. She averaged 4.9 points and 3.3 rebounds in 29 games last season.
“Her tenacity off the bench was a key part of the success we had last year,” Storm coach Anne Donovan said.
Bibby, 25, has played for the Dandenong Rangers in Australia’s Women’s National Basketball League since 1996. She played for the New York Liberty during the 2000 season.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seahawks mock draft: A post-Frank Clark projection of how the draft might unfold for Seattle
- Observations from the UW Huskies' 13th practice of spring football
- Seahawks solve one problem but create another by trading Frank Clark to Chiefs | Larry Stone
- Felix Hernandez gives vintage performance vs. Padres — and Mariners give him vintage run support VIEW
- Beast Mode, out: Former Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch plans to retire again
Seattle also announced it would play two preseason games. The Storm will play at the New York Liberty May 7 and host the Sacramento Monarchs May 14. Seattle opens the season May 21 hosting Los Angeles.