Jessica Bibby, 25, has played for the Dandenong Rangers in Australia's Women's National Basketball League.
The defending WNBA champion Seattle Storm re-signed reserve center Janell Burse today and added free-agent Australian guard Jessica Bibby to the roster.
Burse was acquired in a trade with Minnesota before the 2004 season. She averaged 4.9 points and 3.3 rebounds in 29 games last season.
“Her tenacity off the bench was a key part of the success we had last year,” Storm coach Anne Donovan said.
Bibby, 25, has played for the Dandenong Rangers in Australia’s Women’s National Basketball League since 1996. She played for the New York Liberty during the 2000 season.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Tosh Lupoi's departure from Alabama could be Pac-12's biggest recruiting coup of the year
- Mariners acquire Reds infield prospect Shed Long as part of three-team trade with Yankees
- It's Washington: Top-5 recruit Isaiah Stewart picks Huskies over Duke, Michigan State, Kentucky
- The moment has arrived: Edgar Martinez awaits Hall of Fame call — and it’s looking good
- Track Edgar Martinez's 2019 Hall of Fame vote count VIEW
Seattle also announced it would play two preseason games. The Storm will play at the New York Liberty May 7 and host the Sacramento Monarchs May 14. Seattle opens the season May 21 hosting Los Angeles.