Cardinals defensive back says Russell Wilson has some "magic tricks"
Tyrann Mathieu, the All-Pro defensive back for the Arizona Cardinals, held a little Q&A with fans on Twitter the other day.
He was asked about the hardest team he played against. And his answer might be of interest to Seahawks fans:
Mathieu is one of the best young defensive backs in the league, and he and Wilson will likely face each other for some time. Mathieu picked off Wilson once last year. And after a loss to the Seahawks in 2014, Mathieu said, “We let Russell Wilson be Russell Wilson one too many occasions.”
Most Read Sports Stories
- Ranking 16 recent Seattle football coaches — from Don James and Pete Carroll to Tyrone Willingham
- What does the Edwin Encarnacion trade mean for the Mariners? Depends who you ask. | Analysis
- Recently retired UW Huskies linebacker D.J. Beavers: 'I love playing football, but my life comes first'
- Analysis: Breaking down strengths and weaknesses of Washington's competition in the Pac-12 North
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
In that same interview with the Cardinals’ team site, Mathieu said he thought the Cardinals did a pretty good job against Wilson and the Seahawks. “There were three or four times where he got out of the pocket and kind of swung momentum for those guys.” Those are probably some of the “magic tricks” he’s referring to.