Cardinals defensive back says Russell Wilson has some "magic tricks"
Tyrann Mathieu, the All-Pro defensive back for the Arizona Cardinals, held a little Q&A with fans on Twitter the other day.
He was asked about the hardest team he played against. And his answer might be of interest to Seahawks fans:
Mathieu is one of the best young defensive backs in the league, and he and Wilson will likely face each other for some time. Mathieu picked off Wilson once last year. And after a loss to the Seahawks in 2014, Mathieu said, “We let Russell Wilson be Russell Wilson one too many occasions.”
Most Read Sports Stories
- Analysis: Ranking the Pac-12's Heisman Trophy contenders for 2019
- Seahawks sign former first-round pick Paxton Lynch as backup QB candidate behind Russell Wilson
- What separates the haves and the have-nots of high-school athletics — and Washington's plan to fix it
- Washington gets outside shot going against Stanford, sits alone atop Pac-12 WATCH
- Three impressions from Washington's 80-64 win over Stanford
In that same interview with the Cardinals’ team site, Mathieu said he thought the Cardinals did a pretty good job against Wilson and the Seahawks. “There were three or four times where he got out of the pocket and kind of swung momentum for those guys.” Those are probably some of the “magic tricks” he’s referring to.