Cardinals defensive back says Russell Wilson has some "magic tricks"
Tyrann Mathieu, the All-Pro defensive back for the Arizona Cardinals, held a little Q&A with fans on Twitter the other day.
He was asked about the hardest team he played against. And his answer might be of interest to Seahawks fans:
Mathieu is one of the best young defensive backs in the league, and he and Wilson will likely face each other for some time. Mathieu picked off Wilson once last year. And after a loss to the Seahawks in 2014, Mathieu said, “We let Russell Wilson be Russell Wilson one too many occasions.”
Most Read Sports Stories
- Former Seahawks safety Earl Thomas finally explains that middle finger
- No hard feelings? Mariners face challenge in how to part with Ichiro, Felix Hernandez | Larry Stone
- First Glance: UW's first opponent, Utah State, is the hottest team in the NCAA tournament
- The Mariners know 2019 will be rough. So do we. But a tantalizing future isn't far off | Larry Stone
- Seahawks issues and answers: What kind of contracts did Mychal Kendricks and J.R. Sweezy get?
In that same interview with the Cardinals’ team site, Mathieu said he thought the Cardinals did a pretty good job against Wilson and the Seahawks. “There were three or four times where he got out of the pocket and kind of swung momentum for those guys.” Those are probably some of the “magic tricks” he’s referring to.