ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. (AP) — A sportsbook in New Jersey is offering betting credits for customers who bet on the New Orleans Saints due to the widespread belief that the team was victimized by a blown call by referees during its loss Sunday in the NFC championship game.
PointsBet initially said Monday it “will refund all wagers” on the spread and money-line bets on the Saints, who lost the game after officials failed to call a penalty on a Los Angeles Rams defender who leveled a New Orleans receiver long before the ball arrived.
But later in the afternoon, PointsBet said those “refunds” would come in the form of bonus bets, not cash payouts.
The Rams won the game and advanced to the Super Bowl, where they will play the New England Patriots.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Michael Penix Jr.'s return makes possibilities seem endless for UW Huskies
- Standout QB Michael Penix Jr. announces he'll return to Washington for 2023 season
- What national media are saying about 7-5 Seahawks after Week 13 win
- Analysis: Led by returning QB Michael Penix Jr., what will Washington's offense look like in 2023?
- Seahawks QB Geno Smith's star power shines bright in comeback win over Rams
More AP NFL: https://apnews.com/NFL and https://twitter.com/AP_NFL