The Seattle Seahawks won a franchise-record sixth straight road game Sunday, a streak they will try to keep alive this week at Carolina.
Here’s a stat that might have gotten lost in all else that happened Sunday — the Seahawks set a club-record by winning a sixth straight game on the road.
The caveat is that it won’t be an official record since the win Sunday was a playoff game, which are counted separately.
The Seahawks will have to go to next season to set the record officially.
The Seahawks had twice previously won five straight road games — in 2005 and overlapping the 1979-80 seasons.
Most Read Sports Stories
- March on: Huskies' ballhawking defense gets them past Utah State in NCAA tournament opener
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- UW set to face No. 1 North Carolina in Round of 32: Here's what you need to know about the Tar Heels
- Huskies show poise from the top down to make successful return to NCAA tournament
- Analysis: Re-ranking the Seahawks' positions of need following the first wave of free agency
Seattle finished this season 5-3 on the road, winning the last five after losing the first three.
Sunday’s win means the Seahawks have now won six road games since Nov. 1, when the streak started with a 13-12 win at Dallas.
Additionally, the Seahawks have allowed just one offensive touchdown in those six games, that coming in the 36-6 win at Arizona (the Vikings also scored on a special teams touchdown).
According to stats released by the Seahawks, Seattle has allowed just one TD, 10 field goals and the one kickoff return in 62 possessions during their last six road games. Thirty-six other possessions ended in punts.
The Seahawks have had winning road records just five times in their history, going 6-2 in 2013 and 5-3 in 2015, 2014, 2005 and 1984.
Seattle will try to keep all these road streaks going Sunday when they play at Carolina in a divisional playoff game at 10:05 a.m. Pacific time.
Carolina remains a 2.5- to 3-point favorite over the Seahawks Sunday, via VegasInsider.com.