Pro Football Focus had high praise for Russell Wilson and Jimmy Graham after Sunday's game against the Carolina Panthers, but gave low marks to the offensive line and cornerbacks.
Here is the gradebook on Sunday’s Seattle-Carolina game from Pro Football Focus.
And as always, a few more notes below from PFF:
- Russell Wilson finished with the third-best QB grade this week (w/ MNF to go) at +5.0 overall. Only Carson Palmer and Philip Rivers narrowly edged him out at +5.6 and +5.2. After Kam Chancellor came back, Wilson is the third-highest graded QB at +12.2.
- Other notable grades: Marshawn Lynch finished with a +1.2, good for fifth this week. Jimmy Graham was +3.0 overall with a +3.6 receiving grade, second-best for TEs this week. Ironically, Greg Olsen is first at +4.4.
- The Panthers’ safety tandem of Roman Harper and Kurt Coleman were a combined -3.8 when they defended Jimmy Graham (six targets). He caught five of them for 121 yards.
- Garry Gilliam was the only starting OL to grade positively, although it was only +0.4—the other four combined for a whopping -9.5. Center Patrick Lewis’s -4.7 was third-worst among centers even though he only gave up one QB hurry.
- Targets: Graham 10, Baldwin 4, Kearse 3, Jackson/Lockette/Lockett 2
- QB hurries allowed: Gilliam/Okung 4, Britt 3, three with one
SEAHAWKS vs. PANTHERS »
- Kam Chancellor bounced back with a +2.3, third-best among safeties. Earl Thomas led all safeties with a +4.6 primarily from his +4.1 coverage grade.
- Unlike the solid safety play this week, corner was forgettable. Cary Williams started the year well—through three weeks he was the 15th-best CB. From Weeks 4-6, he’s been the third-worst CB at -6.2.
- Richard Sherman already has his second red grade of the year. To give some context to that, the earliest he had his second red grade in past seasons was Week 14. This week his -2.6 grade puts him 69th (of 76).
- Defensive stops: Bennett/Irvin/Wright 3, Avril/Dobbs 2, six with one
- QB hurries: Bennett/Avril 3, six with one
- Coverage targets: Williams 7, Chancellor/Shead/KPL 5, Sherman/Thomas 4.
- Steven Hauschka and Jon Ryan both rank third among kicker and punter grading. On kickoffs, Hauschka was six of six for touchbacks although his 4.30 average hang time was middling. Ryan had three fair catch punts, tied for the most.
- Wilson had the highest YIA rate this week at 76.5%. Yet again he also leads all QBs in pressure rate, passing under duress on exactly half of his dropbacks.
- Jimmy Graham leads all TEs this week with his 4.00 YPRR.
- DeShawn Shead (2.20) and Cary Williams (1.97) are both in the top third of yards/coverage snap allowed this week. Average mark for yards/coverage snap allowed from the last two season among CBs is 1.30 so they are were well above it.